andream88

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 169 posts

Posted 18 February 2016 - 11:57 AM

dual wilwood 0.625 master cylinders on my car

cheers!

Interesting, I am running 2x 0.75's on my brakes and they work just fine...I do have Wilwood Powerlites front and rear, should that make any difference

I have the std handbrake calipers at the back on my kit, I think it does make a difference! The piston area will be quite a bit smaller than yours..

#17 bengreen55

bengreen55

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 150 posts

Posted 18 February 2016 - 12:20 PM

I had the 2 0.75 and the pedal felt good but there was no pressure at the calipers I have now got a .625 for the front and .7 for the rear now the pedal is a little spongy but the brakes are there just they won't stop you in a hurry tho I have got to do something with them I am scared of driving it incase I run in the back of someone I am at a loss as to what to do next I am thinking about binning the braided hoses and putting copper pipes it would be nice if all the kits had the same brakes on them would make eliminating stuff a lot less hassle

#18 andream88

andream88

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 169 posts

Posted 18 February 2016 - 01:36 PM

I had the 2 0.75 and the pedal felt good but there was no pressure at the calipers I have now got a .625 for the front and .7 for the rear now the pedal is a little spongy but the brakes are there just they won't stop you in a hurry tho I have got to do something with them I am scared of driving it incase I run in the back of someone I am at a loss as to what to do next I am thinking about binning the braided hoses and putting copper pipes it would be nice if all the kits had the same brakes on them would make eliminating stuff a lot less hassle

did you try switching the master cylinders around?

0.7 for the front

0.625 for the rear brakes

by the way, my car had zcars flexis all round (the blue ones). No copper pipes...

#19 bengreen55

bengreen55

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 150 posts

Posted 18 February 2016 - 01:46 PM

I haven't tried anything else yet that maybe worth a shot I have got to put rose jointed track rod ends on tonight to try and get rid of the bumpsteer so will have a look

#20 Alex_B

Alex_B

Doesn't put foot in mouth enough!

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,573 posts

Posted 18 February 2016 - 07:10 PM

It is properly bled isn't it? Spongy brakes makes it sound like there is still air in the system. You should get a solid pedal once fully bled and thus shouldn't feel spongy. 

#21 bengreen55

bengreen55

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 150 posts

Posted 18 February 2016 - 07:39 PM

Alright Alex yeah I have sent 2 bottles of fluid through it I toke it to a lad who has a couple of rally cars today and he said the pedal feels fine good travel and solid at the bottom so I am stumped now I am going to have a mess about with the bias bar but I am not sure if that's an issue because neither front or rear will lock up

#22 v-tec van

v-tec van

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 97 posts

Posted 09 March 2016 - 09:51 PM

I've got the big brake kit on my car with Clio? rear callipers. The brakes were awful even though it passed the MOT brake test with the polymatrix pads that came with the kit . I swapped the front pads to FERODO DS2500 and instantly they felt better, the car now stands on its nose. My master cylinder is 0.75

Chris

#23 bengreen55

bengreen55

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 150 posts

Posted 10 March 2016 - 05:56 AM

Thanks for that info mate are the ds2500 a direct replacement for the wilwood brakes

#24 v-tec van

v-tec van

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 97 posts

Posted 10 March 2016 - 07:38 AM

Thanks for that info mate are the ds2500 a direct replacement for the wilwood brakes

Yes they are. Well worth the £85-90 they made me much more comfortable with the car .

#25 bengreen55

bengreen55

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 150 posts

Posted 10 March 2016 - 08:39 AM

Don't suppose you have the part numbers do you I have looked on eBay and loads of different types come up

#26 v-tec van

v-tec van

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 97 posts

Posted 10 March 2016 - 10:04 PM

Don't suppose you have the part numbers do you I have looked on eBay and loads of different types come up

Ferodo ds2500 part no. FRP3108H

http://pages.ebay.co...lobalID=EBAY-GB

Edited by v-tec van, 10 March 2016 - 10:06 PM.

#27 bengreen55

bengreen55

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 150 posts

Posted 11 March 2016 - 05:41 AM

Thanks mate I will get some ordered and see if they improve

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users