#3 KTM kid

KTM kid

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 227 posts
  • Local Club: Crews missels

Posted 08 February 2016 - 02:28 PM

We hope to hear, more promising news soon.

#4 cptkirk

cptkirk

Camshaft & Stage Two Head

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,799 posts
  • Local Club: B.M.C. + Chiminiclub

Posted 09 February 2016 - 08:24 AM

Surprised that there hasn't been any news from the new owners, on the only dedicated forum for their product.... I've seen a good handful of comments on Facebook of people saying its all closed for good and I've tried to put them straight but do we know for sure????

#5 Bennyboybusa

Bennyboybusa

Passed Test

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 09 February 2016 - 11:12 AM

A company down south has bought out the company, from talks i had with one of the guys from zcars its opening spring time

#6 MRA

MRA

Previously known as 'mra-minis.co.uk'.

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,607 posts

Posted 09 February 2016 - 11:50 AM

This will be interesting, because according to Chris Allanson, Simon does not own the rights, intellectual property, jigs, tooling, fixtures, etc.....

#7 minitoadhall

minitoadhall

Learner Driver

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 09 February 2016 - 06:56 PM

Would be nice if Chris would make a post giving everybody a rough idea what will or might happen?   

#8 edsmini

edsmini

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 357 posts

Posted 09 February 2016 - 10:10 PM

i have heard that someone from ashford in kent will be taking over. also that chris allanson or simon will have anything to do with it. as long as the company gets going again it will keep the value in the cars, and allow the other customers to complete their cars.

Ed

#9 Luigi33

Luigi33

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 79 posts

Posted 10 February 2016 - 10:55 PM

Added bonus if they locate themselves in the upper class half of the country ;)

#10 Chris allanson

Chris allanson

Learner Driver

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 12 February 2016 - 05:28 AM

Latest update for you all
I know it's taken a while but things are progressing now
Work is well under way on the new website
I've just got back from a 3000 mile round trip to Spain where I picked up a lot of the old z cars stock that was bought by z cars customer down there
That's now in ashford with David rose
David has two z cars minis a white v tec one which was featured in mini world late last yr and a hyabusa turbo
He has bought the rights to the mini kits jigs web name etc etc
He had already purchased a lot of the mini stock and now has the vast majority of what was in the stores when performance engineering closed
The intention is to service the needs of the old customers initially and the stock is pretty much there to do this

We have spent the last few months looking at the situation and trying to work out the best solution for everybody who already has a car
By obtaining the parts jigs etc I think we have achieved that

A lot of thought has gone into where to go next with z cars
Last autumn I don't mind admitting I was in a bad place with it all
However having discussed with David what might happen I've had a lot better few weeks
His new premises are now secured and electricians are in there wiring etc as I write this
There is a definite feeling of good things going forwards now
I've been looking at where the old kits were and what could be done to improve them
This seems like a good time to sort some of this out
In effect the design was one I did over thirteen years ago with very minor mods along the way.
Over the last five years I've had no input into things as I was busy with FastMast .
Back in 2010 I was looking to change some stuff on the cars and both myself and David are keen to do this now

We have bought two donor cars one for a rear wheel drive engine the other for a front wheel drive kit

The r w d kits have been very successful and we have fitted a couple of vw engines in them for individual customers
The honda v tec is getting harder to find and looking at the TFSI engines they are available cheap and easily make good power
We can fit a diesel diff / gearbox which gives high top speed/ gearing even on small wheels and David has REVO agency for tuning them

So the first change is to go to vw engines and running gear

The second car we bought is a ford Eco tec three cylinder turbo
The intention is to produce a front wheel drive conversion with decent power and road manners
This will not be a std mini subframe cut and shut but a full house high quality conversion that can be your daily driver

If you have never been in one of these cars just go have a demo drive in a ford focus with one in they are really surprising in how they go
In a mini they will be very good

This development will take a little while to achieve but we are actively working on it

My role in the new venture is to look after research and development give advice on the old kits and help David in any way I can so the name of Z Cars can carry on

If you need a chat about anything don't hesitate to call me on 07786707734

Hopefully the e mails and website will kick in over the next few days and then contact will be easier
Chris

#11 bengreen55

bengreen55

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 150 posts

Posted 12 February 2016 - 05:59 AM

That's very nice to hear mate I have just got my car mot yesterday it drives like a pig do you know anyone who will set the suspension up for me I haven't set anything on it yet I think the shocks may be wrong as well it came with 11" fronts and 16" on the rear I have got them adjusted all the way up front and rear and still haven't got enough ride hight I think the project I brought had been messed with I don't know if you know shock length of the top of your head chears

#12 Luigi33

Luigi33

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 79 posts

Posted 12 February 2016 - 07:30 AM

Thanks for the update Chris this is clearly welcoming news for many owners and hope that David and yourself make a success of it.

That's very nice to hear mate I have just got my car mot yesterday it drives like a pig do you know anyone who will set the suspension up for me I haven't set anything on it yet I think the shocks may be wrong as well it came with 11" fronts and 16" on the rear

Ben I measured my front shocks recently and mine are the inboard type measuring 12.2 inches with shock body of 7.2 inches and I also have serious issues with the handling. The reality is that the current set up puts the front wishbones at a bad angle so I will be investigating a shorter shock and shock body length with protech. Perhaps better to take this to a different thread...

#13 Bennyboybusa

Bennyboybusa

Passed Test

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 12 February 2016 - 02:29 PM

That's very nice to hear mate I have just got my car mot yesterday it drives like a pig do you know anyone who will set the suspension up for me I haven't set anything on it yet I think the shocks may be wrong as well it came with 11" fronts and 16" on the rear I have got them adjusted all the way up front and rear and still haven't got enough ride hight I think the project I brought had been messed with I don't know if you know shock length of the top of your head chears

this is set up for it all mate

https://www.dropbox....et up Sheet.pdf

#14 Chris allanson

Chris allanson

Learner Driver

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 12 February 2016 - 06:11 PM

As far as ride height and handling go you can get a lot wrong if you don't set them up correctly
If for example the wheel arches haven't been cut out high enough then it will appear that you haven't got enough shocker travel when in fact you have but the bodywork needs cutting out more
I presume you bought a half finished project if so then that could be the case
Rear shocks are sixteen fully open
Chrie

#15 Verno

Verno

Just On Tickover

• Noobies
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 12 February 2016 - 06:52 PM

Hi please could someone help me, I've just bought a mini 1991 998 and there is no bonnet stay on it. I've bought one with the with the bracket as it already has the clip on the bonnet. Where does the securing bracket fit? how does it fit on the bonnet stay? Any pics would be great as well.
Thanks

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users