2 replies to this topic

#1 bengreen55

bengreen55

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 150 posts

Posted 12 February 2016 - 09:12 AM

Just finished vtec project and I think the shocks ore to short I have 11" open on front and 16" open on rear I have got them adjusted all the way to the top of travel to try and get ride hight but the shocks are toping out and the wheels are catching rear arches the shocks are shock tec I thought the zcars kits came with protec so I am not sure if someone has put shorter shocks on to try and lower the car more for some reason it is that hard at the min plus I haven't wheel aligned the car yet it drives like an absolute pig

#2 Chris allanson

Chris allanson

Learner Driver

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 12 February 2016 - 06:12 PM

Shock tec are same spec as protec you will have not enough bodywork cut out of the arch which is a common issue
Chris

#3 bengreen55

bengreen55

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 150 posts

Posted 12 February 2016 - 08:54 PM

I haven't cut any out of the rear arches I thought the wheels would miss with the sportspack arches I have cut the front wings but the front doesn't seem to have enough hight it maybe better when I have set the suspension up another thing Chris bumpsteer I have brought a set of rose jointed track rod ends what angle did you use to set them at to get rid of bumpsteer I think around 20 mm lower will level them up they are currently pointing up when it's at ride hight

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users