#1 edsmini

edsmini

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 357 posts

Posted 16 February 2016 - 09:11 PM

Ok guys,

On one of Chris Allansons posts, he mentioned maybe doing some changes to the design. this maybe an opportunity for Zcars owners to voice their ideas on how to make the kits better. or perhaps products or services that may be offered to builders or owners to help with upkeep and/or maintenance. i know when i built my car some years ago, the wiring was a headache and didn't seem to be an easy solution where you could lay a full loom out in the car, and just plug gauges in etc. i did manage to figure it out, but some folk may be put off by the wiring. especially if it's quite complex. 

I don't mean for this to turn into a slagging match :-)

any thoughts???

Ed

#2 cptkirk

cptkirk

Camshaft & Stage Two Head

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,799 posts
  • Local Club: B.M.C. + Chiminiclub

Posted 16 February 2016 - 09:33 PM

Ed makes a really good point, if anyone has any ideas please put them forward.

I agree with the wiring, that was the task that took me the longest and gave me the worst brain ache of the whole thing. Especially the link between car and engine loom.....

Bulkhead kits that are a decent fit would be good, mine were a country mile out and most had to be remade to get a decent fit.

#3 RED HOT

RED HOT

Fantasy F1 Winner 2011

• Traders
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 354 posts

Posted 17 February 2016 - 10:05 AM

Another wiring nightmare here also, the diagrams I had didn't even match the wires I had, the colours and plugs were all different so had to trace them back myself so more information here or just some consistency would help builders and z-cars alike.

On a mechanical front on the race frames an option on the angle of the steering column, mine was way out and needed some "gentle" persuasion to get it at a nicer height. My biggest issue though is the imperial sizing on rose joints etc. some of the bolts aren't a great fit in them either so actually have a little play which isn't great and feels like a wheel bearing's gone; I plan to change these out so I have no slop but I shouldn't have too really.

#4 bengreen55

bengreen55

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 150 posts

Posted 17 February 2016 - 10:09 AM

I think there should be some sort of build manual I know not everyone's cars are the same but a general manual would be nice even something just for the technical aspect of building a zcars mini ie bolt sizes,lengths where best to run cables pipes ect there maybe something like this already available I just don't know about it :)

#5 Bennyboybusa

Bennyboybusa

Passed Test

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 17 February 2016 - 02:12 PM

Having a step by step guide on how to build stuff, torque settings how to adjust things how things go together maintenance etc 

#6 bengreen55

bengreen55

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 150 posts

Posted 17 February 2016 - 07:14 PM

I have got the exact same problem with the rose joints on mine

#7 Luigi33

Luigi33

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 79 posts

Posted 17 February 2016 - 09:42 PM

Having a step by step guide on how to build stuff, torque settings how to adjust things how things go together maintenance etc 

The DVD produced was quite comprehensive but not perhaps as detailed as you are suggesting

#8 Bennyboybusa

Bennyboybusa

Passed Test

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 23 February 2016 - 03:13 PM

The DVD produced was quite comprehensive but not perhaps as detailed as you are suggesting

The dvd really isn't the best its also very out dated i like to be precise and theres not much to go off 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users