After years of toing and froing looking for the perfect solution which fitted my needs of more power, ease of conversion, fit within Swedish regulations and budget.
As some of you may have noticed I have posed numerous questions regarding a 7 port head with rule injection, the more knowledgeable of you pointed out the issues I would have with emissions by using a cam which suited the engine. Therefore I would needed to have made a compromise with my choice of cam,
I also looked at various engine swaps, Suzuki, Micra and Honda. These appear superb, but I felt a little beyond my mechanical competences. Also I wasn't prepared to have the car off the road for too long.
Next up I considered the bike conversions, i almost bit the bullet and went for the AElynx kit. These conversions appeared a lithe too brutal for how I want the car to be.
So…..finally today I bought the specialist components bundle kit. (taking advantage of the Kroner/Pound exchange rate today)
- SC ‘K’ Conversion Kit
- SC Bespoke Bi-metallic Head Gasket
- Refurbishing, Machining and Assembly of your ‘K’ Cylinder Head
- SC Storm 2 Engine Management System pre-mapped for your engine
- SC Bespoke ‘K’ Wiring Loom, Ignition Coil Pack, HT leads, Coil Bracket and sensors
- SC Ancillaries Kit (including Throttle Cable and Dipstick)
- SC Crank Trigger Kit with Crank Position Sensor
- Preparation of your A-series block for the ‘K’ head
- De-grease, surface, re-bore, hone and centre main strap machining of your block
- Pocketing of your pistons for valve cut-outs
- ‘K’ Exhaust Manifold
- Billet Remote Thermostat
Even though I am now suffering from a sense of post purchase anxiety, I will try and outline the specs of the engine as best i can. All comments welcome.
1380 block prepared by SC and built by Guessworks
- MED Verto Ultra-Light ST1 Clutch Kit with lightened flywheel
- Pistons TBD
- Crank - balanced x-drilled
- Conrods - Standard balanced and lightened TBC
- Steel mainstrap
- I will use the SC ECU and maintain a narrow band Lambda (for emissions)
- From Guessworks TBD. I think a SCCR box.
- 3.4 Final Drive.
- Cam wise - I meant to ask SC which cams cam with the kit LT or RS. Depending on emissions I would like the RS cams. I need to confirm this
- I have asked SC to machine and add a standard mini oil cap into the head
Colour (the most important part)
- Block painted black and head painted dark grey.
All comments welcome