677 replies to this topic

#676 xrocketengineer

xrocketengineer

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,365 posts

Posted 04 October 2017 - 05:25 PM

I guess this was the issue with the broken pulley. The half circle key wasn't sitting correctly. It was also seized like that. I remember it being like that when I first fitted the pulley. I didnt know that the key was a separate part, so I just assumed that is how it should be. Didnt actually think much about it.

MWz010d.jpg

Just for the "belt and suspenders" minded like me, I would clean the end of the shaft thoroughly and then put a couple of drops of oil on it and on the key to ensure that the pulley makes it all the way in.

#677 minisilverbullet

minisilverbullet

Up Into Fourth

• TMF Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,625 posts
  • Name: Craig

Posted 18 October 2017 - 07:41 PM

So back onto this! I have had a hectic couple of weeks full of teaching, but time to get back to this. I ended top send the pulley back to SC and they secured the ring on. 

I refitted the plate and the new seal, with a smear of RTV around the CAM and keyway (just in case)

mW6uC6q.jpg

The pulley is on and I will retime the cams this weekend. I am sure they haven't moved and I did mark the crankshaft position etc. But it doesn't take that long to do so I will just start from scratch. Originally I had them timed with 1mm of lift, then after some advice from the 16v mini Facebook page i timed them with 2mm of lift. This improved the responsiveness but I felt I lost a little of the low down power, I have decided but this time I maybe set them at 1.5mm. I think about it,,,,

In the mean time, with the weather drawing in, I have started to make some of the "retro" looking signs for my garage dress-up.

I bought some MDF letters from eBay to allow me to knock this up. 

irGFp64.jpg

FYpjjHG.jpg

cc8psIX.jpg

bqrRNVo.jpg

#678 timmy850

timmy850

One Carb Or Two?

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,373 posts
  • Local Club: MITG

Posted 20 October 2017 - 11:08 PM

Hopefully you can get it all sorted quickly.

Your sign turned out really cool! I wonder, could you put a row of strip LED's on the inside of the frame to light it up at nighttime? 

2 user(s) are reading this topic

1 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

bbbobo
Mini Spares