5 replies to this topic

#1 brownspeed

brownspeed

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 451 posts

Posted 25 February 2016 - 05:40 PM

For some reason the car decided to wake me up at 4 a.m. this morning. (There is no sign of anyone trying to get in) despite several attempts at re-setting, it still goes off after a couple of minutes.

I've revisited it tonight and its still playing up. what should I be looking for? it was bloody cold this morning, so I can't believe that its thermal or that there is an energetic spider practising gymnastics on the sensors.

any pointers will be gratefully received. :unsure:

#2 pdaykin

pdaykin

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 587 posts

Posted 25 February 2016 - 07:08 PM

What kind of sensors do you have?

#3 mr3speed

mr3speed

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 408 posts

Posted 25 February 2016 - 07:17 PM

I work on home security panels, automotive , residential/ commercial alarms, what ever it is will all sound on voltage drop if set to. Its a tamper feature. Get a meter on your battery to check voltage. Extremely Cold weather will cause a volt drop that can potentially cause your alarm to sound.
If you have microwave sensors in your car (movement sensors) they can be activated if your windows have frozen over. They are designed to look for shadows. Shadows get cast on the windows when they are frozen over and shadows get exaggerated when cast on the frost. So people walking by or traffic casting shadows on the frosty windows. Bit more to it but theres a couple of potential causes. Hope that helps

#4 brownspeed

brownspeed

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 451 posts

Posted 25 February 2016 - 07:26 PM

cheers chaps! I suspected it may be a voltage issue with the cold snap,  have the battery on charge at the moment, I will re-try it later with a full charge.

Edited by brownspeed, 25 February 2016 - 07:26 PM.

#5 mr3speed

mr3speed

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 408 posts

Posted 25 February 2016 - 08:18 PM

If you have noticed your battery has lost charge id bet money on that being the issue.

#6 brownspeed

brownspeed

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 451 posts

Posted 26 February 2016 - 04:46 PM

battery fully charged and reconnected and its much warmer now and ..............b&ll$cks! the little bugger is still doing it.

what now??

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users