#1 Ianoffulford

Ianoffulford

Passed Test

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 15 March 2016 - 12:19 PM

Hey guys

I was just wondering if anyone has had any experience of this company? They seem to offer convenient services with their 'pay as you go' restorations etc.

I can not find much about them online.

Cheers in advance

Dirk

#2 Minitrio

Minitrio

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 420 posts

Posted 15 March 2016 - 01:33 PM

I live just down the road from their Oxfordshire workshop, I popped round one day when I had a day off in the week. The workshop was shut, with a notice on the door saying 'Appointment only' and to contact the numbers below. So I did and left a message, but got no response, I did this several times over that month, but still no response. I left it a few months and noticed they still advertised in the monthly Mini magazines, stating a website, visited said website used the contact function, but still no reply. I have continued to contact them over the last 18 months via email and phone, but alas still had no response. I assumed that maybe they had packed up or something, but the workshop is still there, they still advertise in Mini Mags and I think the owners daughter actually appeared in January or Februarys 2016 edition of Mini Magazine displaying a prize and thanking her father who worked/owned The Real Mini Company.

Having had no response from them, I wouldn't be so sure personally that I would want them to have my mini, if they are hard to get hold off. Especially if I wanted to have it back or change my restoration requirements. I like the concept of the service they offer and their previous completed work looks to be of excellent standard, just wish their admin department was up to speed. I had visited them about 4 years ago, when they were in there old premises selling Jap import minis and had the workshop then, but at the time didn't require their services.

Its not all doom and gloom, due to the lack of response I have had to take on the resto work myself, so I have taught myself to weld and learn various other mini skills with great help from many here on this Forum, Thank you all :-)

So after this long reply, if your still awake, I wouldn't rule them out if you can get hold of them......

#3 MiniJosh92

MiniJosh92

Camshaft & Stage Two Head

• Traders
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,690 posts

Posted 15 March 2016 - 01:37 PM

I know Dan Budd and the guys there, their work is absolutely top notch. Look up the page on facebook, that has lots of pictures of their work and is updated regularly. Not sure about opening times etc but, as far as I am aware they are open and there normal working hours.

#4 Ianoffulford

Ianoffulford

Passed Test

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 16 March 2016 - 05:10 PM

Thanks guys, I appreciate your feedback.  I am just looking for a flexible garage to work on my Mini, Oxford isn't too far so I will give them a shout

Dirk

#5 the.stroker

the.stroker

TMF Admin

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,348 posts
  • Name: Dan

Posted 16 March 2016 - 05:18 PM

Others to consider , Downton motor engineering, IMO the best around, and no cowboy hat insight , avoid mini centre Berkshire, just the other side of RAF Benson, bodger father and son team, will happily ruin your mini and charge you for the privelage

#6 matty...

matty...

Super Mini Mad

• Traders
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 605 posts
  • Local Club: Turbominis

Posted 16 March 2016 - 10:06 PM

I know Dan Budd too, the work they do there is second to none. I know they have been manically busy with work and getting cars completed ready for the summer season.

#7 clivemk1mini

clivemk1mini

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,064 posts

Posted 17 March 2016 - 09:47 AM

hello mate try these numbers and email for Dan I know he is flat out busy at the moment as I was there a couple of days ago. Or if you want to send me your contact details I will be seeing him later so can pass them on for you.
07850 984920 [email protected]

#8 clivemk1mini

clivemk1mini

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,064 posts

Posted 17 March 2016 - 10:00 AM

If you go into the real mini company site then look in projects my car is in there they will also be doing another of my cars great workmanship from his team of guys.

Edited by clivemk1mini, 17 March 2016 - 10:20 AM.

#9 charliebudd

charliebudd

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 429 posts

Posted 17 March 2016 - 04:38 PM

The Real mini Company currently have my Mini Se7en to do some pre race prep & they assisted with the initial build i would not trust any one else with my car! 

#10 Minitrio

Minitrio

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 420 posts

Posted 19 March 2016 - 04:48 PM

hello mate try these numbers and email for Dan I know he is flat out busy at the moment as I was there a couple of days ago. Or if you want to send me your contact details I will be seeing him later so can pass them on for you.
07850 984920 [email protected]

Thanks will give these a try , they are so close and their work does look superb, i could really do with their technical expertise right now...

#11 PaulAnderson

PaulAnderson

Starting My Mini Up

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 07 November 2022 - 07:47 PM

Hey guys

I was just wondering if anyone has had any experience of this company? They seem to offer convenient services with their 'pay as you go' restorations etc.

I can not find much about them online.

Cheers in advance

Dirk

Hey Dirk, how did it go?

I'm interested in getting Dan to take a look at my Innocenti

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users