Photo

Eu Referendum

• Please log in to reply
1084 replies to this topic

Poll: EU Referendum (179 member(s) have cast votes)

Should we stay in the eu?

1. Yes (64 votes [35.75%])

Percentage of vote: 35.75%

2. No (109 votes [60.89%])

Percentage of vote: 60.89%

3. Not voting / Undecided (6 votes [3.35%])

Percentage of vote: 3.35%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1081 CMXCVIII

CMXCVIII

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 365 posts

Posted 05 December 2018 - 10:04 PM

Isn't that the same guy that was pretty much hounded out of the country by the British press after various reports came out rubbishing most northern cities and attacking London.

He could either have an axe to grind against the EU in general, or he's the only one brave enough to speak the plain truth on matters ??

I had never heard of Hartwich until I was shown that video a few months ago, but a quick look at his Wiki page shows that he did indeed upset David Cameron a decade ago before Cameron was PM.

However, instead of impugning his motives, which is too common in the Brexit argument, have you any links to a credible refutation of his argument? I haven't found one

^^ that is actually insane

As above, re me!

Jon

#1082 MIGLIACARS

MIGLIACARS

Up Into Fourth

• Traders
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,011 posts

Posted 05 December 2018 - 10:14 PM

Yeah I’m not talking about politicians, I’m talking about experts such as our friend Oliver in the video.
I mean I’m open to the idea that it could be for the best that we leave the EU, I have no problem reversing my decision based on new information and knowledge, my point is that we weren’t presented with the correct information at the time.

When it comes to brexit it seems everyone is an expert.

#1083 Fast Ivan

Fast Ivan

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • 2,795 posts

Posted 06 December 2018 - 07:30 AM

Yeah I’m not talking about politicians, I’m talking about experts such as our friend Oliver in the video.
I mean I’m open to the idea that it could be for the best that we leave the EU, I have no problem reversing my decision based on new information and knowledge, my point is that we weren’t presented with the correct information at the time.

When it comes to brexit it seems everyone is an expert.

ain't that the truth

#1084 Fast Ivan

Fast Ivan

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • 2,795 posts

Posted 06 December 2018 - 07:42 AM

I had never heard of Hartwich until I was shown that video a few months ago, but a quick look at his Wiki page shows that he did indeed upset David Cameron a decade ago before Cameron was PM.

However, instead of impugning his motives, which is too common in the Brexit argument, have you any links to a credible refutation of his argument? I haven't found one

Karl Whelan has written a paper that offers another view on TARGET2, there's a summary here -

https://www.forbes.c.../#9ee489f4605e 

There's also a link to the actual paper as well as two other pieces he has written for Forbes contained on the same link.

The point of me linking Whelan is not to discredit Oliver but to highlight that there is much to discuss that just didn't happen at the time, very few people made an informed decision when it came to the referendum, myself included

#1085 r3k1355

r3k1355

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 473 posts
  • Local Club: East Anglia

Posted Yesterday, 02:48 PM

I wasn't looking to refute his argument, but it is quite right to question the guys motives, you should question every source of information.

He runs an economic quango all the way over in New Zealand, but still spends alot of time on European economic policy.

Like I said he may be right, he may be wrong.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users

Mini Spares