barnestom

Passed Test

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 03 May 2016 - 10:29 AM

Hey guys went to the Saturday of the Mk1 Performance Action Weekend 2016

Was a great day!

Would highly recommend going next year if you missed it. Its an open pit track day at Blyton Park (you can just take your mini to spectate)

With a parade lap for all the mini's at lunch!

Also lots of money gets raised for charity

The footage I took was naff but oh well plenty of it so I've just thrown it up with a bit of amateur editing.

#2 mk1coopers

mk1coopers

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 654 posts

Posted 03 May 2016 - 06:13 PM

I let you past at one point to free up some space for the both of us, great weekend with plenty of track manners :-)

#3 barnestom

barnestom

Passed Test

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 03 May 2016 - 09:09 PM

Nice one! Next time i'll turn on the correct mode on the GoPro to get some decent footage. Might look at a turbo too, need to make up for my driving skills somehow  :lol:

Shame I never found anyone else running 14" wheels to find out what pressures I should be running  :D Guess my mini really is an odd one

Think the tyres were thankful for the wet laps, could barely even touch the throttle on the straights but the most fun part by far!

#4 mab01uk

mab01uk

Moved Into The Garage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,795 posts
  • Local Club: Mini Cooper Register

Posted 03 May 2016 - 10:40 PM

Really must get to next years event....

Nice video here from Gr4h4m :mrcool:

Edited by mab01uk, 03 May 2016 - 10:41 PM.

#5 mk1coopers

mk1coopers

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 654 posts

Posted 04 May 2016 - 06:12 PM

Nice one! Next time i'll turn on the correct mode on the GoPro to get some decent footage. Might look at a turbo too, need to make up for my driving skills somehow  :lol:

Shame I never found anyone else running 14" wheels to find out what pressures I should be running  :D Guess my mini really is an odd one
Think the tyres were thankful for the wet laps, could barely even touch the throttle on the straights but the most fun part by far!

I knew that you were running a Honda lump so what ever I did in the corners you would be gone on the straights, so no point in stil in sitting front of you (green CCC 'S')

#6 Gr4h4m

Gr4h4m

Camshaft & Stage Two Head

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,802 posts
  • Local Club: Club less.....

Posted 04 May 2016 - 06:29 PM

It looks so calm in the video, we were touching 85-90 on the short straights, and in the corners the kindle that was being used to monitor the ecu readings was changing it rotation due to us getting out lean on😀

#7 barnestom

barnestom

Passed Test

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 05 May 2016 - 08:01 AM

It looks so calm in the video, we were touching 85-90 on the short straights, and in the corners the kindle that was being used to monitor the ecu readings was changing it rotation due to us getting out lean on

Ahh the luxuries of a speedometer  :lol: . I just have to go on how much my ears bleed.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users