26 replies to this topic

#1 MrBounce

MrBounce

Up Into Fourth

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,561 posts

Posted 04 May 2016 - 09:07 PM

What 3 things about other drivers would you put into Room 101? Can be anything about their behaviour, bad habits, abuse, parking etc. What annoys you the most?

Here's mine:

1. Drivers who never say "Thank you". When you stop and let someone through a gap, or let them out of a junction, it doesn't take much for them to just give a small wave or a nod or even a flash of the headlights. "I've just let you out matey - the least you can do is acknowledge I've done it". Instead they carry on as if you've just stood aside for them because they're better than you. Twonks.
  2. Idiot drivers who pull out in front of you as if they're in a hurry then dawdle at about 20mph. WHY WOULD YOU DO THIS?! If you were in a hurry, you'd be going a bit faster. There is no need for this at all. 
  3. Controversial one this - but those people who can't go anywhere without relying on a Satnav. Why not actually have a quick look at a map before setting off if you're not sure where you're going? That way you can get an idea in your head of an alternative route if the Satnav stops working. A bit of forward planning is always useful.

So come on - what have you got?  :gimme:

#2 cal844

cal844

Crazy About Mini's

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,485 posts
  • Local Club: TFMOC

Posted 04 May 2016 - 09:15 PM

Idiots who sit 2 feet from the back bumper of the mini

Fog lights when it ain't foggy(especially front fogs!!)

Mobile phone whilst driving!!

#3 Alex_B

Alex_B

Doesn't put foot in mouth enough!

• TMF+ Member
  • 4,573 posts

Posted 04 May 2016 - 10:38 PM

People pulling out on a "slow" mini because its old, so mustn't be going very fast, more than once I have had to rapidly slow down to avoid someone because of this, especially on roundabouts ;) 

Poor motorway etiquette, middle lane hoggers, people unable to judge distance and thus constantly accelerating and braking which then causes a line of braking and standstill traffic. 

Braking on country lanes because there is someone oncoming, fine if the road is narrow, however on the roads where I regularly drive they are more than wide enough for two cars to pass doing the speed limit and not worry so don't suddenly slam on the brakes because theres something coming! 

#4 sonikk4

sonikk4

Twisted Paint Polisher!!!

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,885 posts
  • Name: Neil

Posted 05 May 2016 - 09:16 AM

1: Indicators. They are fitted to your car for a reason. As of yet I cannot read minds so use the bloody things before a junction to give us a fighting chance.

2: Middle lane hoggers. The inside lane is there for a reason and guess what it gives you a chance to use your indicators to overtake.

3: Taxi drivers. Now this does not apply to all but predominantly the private hire ones going to and from Airports. See item two.

That will do for the moment but the list would be far longer.

#5 CityEPete

CityEPete

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • 3,920 posts

Posted 05 May 2016 - 11:19 AM

People who stop at roundabouts then look to see if it's clear to go.

I'll just have that one three times please!

#6 SecretSugar

SecretSugar

Sweet!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 508 posts

Posted 05 May 2016 - 07:40 PM

That will do for the moment but the list would be far longer.

I could list hundreds and hundreds things also. 

The three that have niffed me off this week alone are...

1) People who take roundabouts too wide or cut across lanes. Several times this week already I have been in the left hand lane to go left or straight ahead and the amount of people who take the roundabout that wide and nearly forced me off the road. Same goes to people in the left hand lane who go straight forward and cut into the middle of both lanes and forcing me nearly on to the roundabout. 

2) People who park in two spaces. My street can fit around 25-30 cars if they park properly. This last few days I have been unable to park in my street, the builders across the road alone, who have three cars and three vans have all parked in the middle of two spaces and blocked half of my street.

3) People who put baked bean can exhausts on their cars and proceed to play drum and bass or whatever as loud as possible and drive up and down areas. Oh yeah, so attractive, I must have you now! NOT! 

#7 Big Sam

Big Sam

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 853 posts

Posted 10 May 2016 - 06:17 PM

2: Middle lane hoggers. The inside lane is there for a reason and guess what it gives you a chance to use your indicators to overtake.

I drive up and down the country 2/3 time a month and this is a giant bug bear of mine. Bizarrely, not sure if anyone else has noticed, but it seems to be most prevalent on the m6 toll. Can be 10pm, empty and you're on the inside lane and car after car is in the middle lane. So bloody annoying!

#8 littlemissmagic

littlemissmagic

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 514 posts

Posted 10 May 2016 - 07:49 PM

So so many....

Middle lane hoggers is definitely a big one.

Drivers slamming on their brakes on the motorway when they see the speed restrictions even though its completely clear in front of them.

People pulling out on the mini.... I swear in the last 6 months I havent had a single drive where I havent had someone pull out on me.

Mainly just how impatient and bullying people are!

Also people parking the wrong way round on main roads (this is just a massive pet hate of mine mainly because of the parking outside my house.)

And while I'm on parking... people hitting my car while attempting to park in spaces they clearly are not going to fit into then pretend they havent noticed (thankfully this hasnt happened in the mini but in other cars, way too often though)

#9 M J W J

M J W J

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 976 posts
  • Local Club: not yet

Posted 23 May 2016 - 01:22 PM

1. People who try and squeeze past you on the narrowest part of a country lane instead of stopping and waiting at the gateway/driveway/wide bit they have just passed.

2. People who expect you to back up for them when you are towing a trailer.

3. Caravaners and motorhome drivers who drive past a lay-by despite having a huge que of cars behind them. You may be on your holiday but the rest of us still need to get to work on time.

Edited by M J W J, 23 May 2016 - 10:06 PM.

#10 pothole

pothole

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 317 posts

Posted 23 May 2016 - 03:21 PM

1. People who just have to overtake you no matter what just because they feel they have a better car than you.

2.Impatient drivers, you will get there eventually so why the rush.

3.Adverts I cant understand on the telly

#11 Chris1992

Chris1992

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • 2,022 posts

Posted 24 May 2016 - 12:52 PM

1. 'Baby on board' signs... WHY DO I NEED TO KNOW THIS?? .... Oh ok, I was going to intentionally ram you off the road, but since you have your offspring with you I'll let you off...

2. No 'thank you' wave after I've been an absolute gentleman to let you out...

3. People who don't get up to the speed of the traffic before pulling onto a motorway... The slip road is there for a reason!! Get up to speed before pulling out in front of me at 50mph when I was doing 70!!! 

#12 1984mini25

1984mini25

Crazy About Mini's

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,781 posts

Posted 24 May 2016 - 08:03 PM

1. 'Baby on board' signs... WHY DO I NEED TO KNOW THIS?? .... Oh ok, I was going to intentionally ram you off the road, but since you have your offspring with you I'll let you off...

I think the original idea behind those, was in the event of an accident the emergency services would instantly know that there would be a child on board/involved.

But that's all well and good when the kids are in the car, completely pointless (along with the 'little princess', 'Name on bard' etc.) when they aren't.

I just translate them to. look at me, I'm so proud at being such an 'excellent parent' that I've decide to let the kid/s drive instead.

Edited by 1984mini25, 24 May 2016 - 08:03 PM.

#13 elf66

elf66

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 55 posts

Posted 25 May 2016 - 08:47 AM

1. Drivers that think that as long as the traffic light has only just changed to red its still good to go!

2. Taking the shortest line across a roundabout, not following the correct lane and just cutting everyone else up!

3. Not leaving room for oncoming traffic to turn right when in a line of stationary traffic, or ignoring keep clear boxes just to get another 15 feet up the road! 

Oh i could go on forever! 

A former traffic cop once asked me to name the three most important A words about driving. I got it wrong! It's ATTITUDE , ATTITUDE, ATTITUDE

when you think about it he's not far wrong!

#14 CityEPete

CityEPete

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • 3,920 posts

Posted 25 May 2016 - 09:02 PM

A few things I've seen more of in recent years that I wonder if people are even aware of the laws are,

1- car in front at a cross roads not entering the yellow cross hatchings when turning right into a clear road, this then leaves you behind the traffic lights when they turn red again where perhaps 3 cars should be able to turn right at the end of each cycle of the lights, I see them mouthing stuff at me about the cross hatchings in their mirror, makes you want to get out and explain to them that it ok to enter if the exit is clear!

2- people following bicycles, tractors, milk floats etc when there are double white lines, again I can see them mouthing stuff at me in the mirror yet it's perfectly legal to pass slow moving vehicles (<10 mph) if you can see it's clear. We have a 5 mile stretch of solid whites near home, we can't follow a bicycle for 5 miles!

Edited by CityEPete, 25 May 2016 - 09:05 PM.

#15 dyshipfakta

dyshipfakta

Camshaft & Stage Two Head

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,696 posts

Posted 25 May 2016 - 09:42 PM

A few things I've seen more of in recent years that I wonder if people are even aware of the laws are,

1- car in front at a cross roads not entering the yellow cross hatchings when turning right into a clear road, this then leaves you behind the traffic lights when they turn red again where perhaps 3 cars should be able to turn right at the end of each cycle of the lights, I see them mouthing stuff at me about the cross hatchings in their mirror, makes you want to get out and explain to them that it ok to enter if the exit is clear!

2- people following bicycles, tractors, milk floats etc when there are double white lines, again I can see them mouthing stuff at me in the mirror yet it's perfectly legal to pass slow moving vehicles (<10 mph) if you can see it's clear. We have a 5 mile stretch of solid whites near home, we can't follow a bicycle for 5 miles!

Been pulled over exercising that last one by plod. So perhaps is not quite so clear cut. It was a tractor and very obviously clear which he did agree with me about as such was a reminder rather then a telling off.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users