Photo

1997 Rover Spi Rover Ac Problems

Best Answer Gary33031 , 15 September 2017 - 01:22 AM

I apologize for not posting the success I had with my AC system. After finally getting the AC schematic, i was able to pin the problem down to the AC Thermostat module that plugs into the evaporator. If you open the passenger round air vent and look inside with a flashlight, you can see the simple connection. I guess I should have started at that end first. Any way, I now have a spare brand new compressor, AC relay, AC Control Switches, another new AC thermostat and a new compressor fan. Living in Florida, it is so nice to have a properly working AC system that blows ice cold air. Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

#31 hennasxi

hennasxi

Mini Mad

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 117 posts
  • Local Club: LSMOC

Posted 06 December 2017 - 09:21 PM

The good news is nearly all the parts are available in Japan.  There is a guy who is on Facebook, runs this FB group who can ship stuff worldwide for a small handling fee, so good to know. 

https://www.facebook...ewAndUsedParts/

My air-con is now working fine after buying a new old stock evaporator unit from Japan - same problem as buznout, my speedo cable had worn through the pipe - this was a Rover dealer's fault though after the engine was removed / refitted to change the auto gearbox!   

#32 buznout

buznout

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Just Joined
  • PipPipPip
  • 59 posts

Posted 07 December 2017 - 03:42 AM

Rather bizarre to hear that you had the same problem!

My evaporator was bought through through David in Japan, good guy. Am looking at importing some tyres through him at some point too..

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users