55 replies to this topic

#16 pdaykin

pdaykin

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 587 posts

Posted 04 June 2016 - 03:27 PM

If you are an anerak, there was so much wrong with that car.

But that isn't really the point. It is what it meant to the guy. Keep up the good work Fuzz and team

#17 HUBBA.HUBBA

HUBBA.HUBBA

Up Into Fourth

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,823 posts
  • Local Club: Loan wolf

Posted 05 June 2016 - 02:23 PM

I don't have Sky :( Has anyone found somewhere else to view this?

It will be repeated along with the rest in the series on more4 in a few weeks.
Bt vision

#18 surfblue

surfblue

Camshaft & Stage Two Head

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,826 posts

Posted 06 June 2016 - 06:54 AM

Far from his original car though. Im not sure how "pleased" I'd have been for someone to take my car and turn it into another works replica, great body and paint work but the detail left a lot to be desired. And what is with that stupid "blagging" so called comedy part? That just cheapens the show.

#19 Cooperman

Cooperman

Uncle Cooperman, Voted Mr TMF 2011

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,038 posts
  • Local Club: MCR, HAMOC, Chelmsford M.C.

Posted 06 June 2016 - 11:32 AM

I hope the owner is happy with it. He had said that he would never sell it and presumably that is because of what it meant to him as a reminder of happy days rallying in it.
It has not been rebuilt as a properly rally car and retains none of its previous really identity.
Whether that is good or not is for the owner to determine.
I know if someone took my 1964 rally 'S' and turned it into a road car I wouldn't be a happy bunny.

#20 Compdoc

Compdoc

Super Mini Mad

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 609 posts
  • Local Club: British Mini Club

Posted 06 June 2016 - 04:35 PM

I don't think I'd be too precious about a car that had sat rusting in a shed for 20 years, knowing that I wasn't physically capable of doing anything with it. Then a respected classic restorer and a 43 year old teenager comes along and spends around 8K reconditioning every part of it. No, I think I could put up with peeling the numbers off the doors and feeling quite chuffed.

#21 Big Sam

Big Sam

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 853 posts

Posted 06 June 2016 - 07:53 PM

I know if someone took my 1964 rally 'S' and turned it into a road car I wouldn't be a happy bunny.

Bit different when all you have is a shell and not even a hint of interior. 

The only racey bit with it was the rollcage and they appeared to remove that in a way to enable it to be installed later down the line if he so wished.

The most important thing is that its another mini saved, off the road for 20 years but back in use, If the owner, or anyone else in the future down the line wanted to return it to its period then they could and probably have more than the 3 weeks they have to film the show.

#22 the.stroker

the.stroker

TMF Admin

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,348 posts
  • Name: Dan

Posted 06 June 2016 - 08:00 PM

I don't think I'd be too precious about a car that had sat rusting in a shed for 20 years, knowing that I wasn't physically capable of doing anything with it. Then a respected classic restorer and a 43 year old teenager comes along and spends around 8K reconditioning every part of it. No, I think I could put up with peeling the numbers off the doors and feeling quite chuffed.

Well said, another mini saved.
I actually find tims blagging entertaining

#23 SiZT

SiZT

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 50 posts

Posted 07 June 2016 - 12:54 AM

PS what colour do you recon it was tartan or flame red?

It's tartan

#24 mk1coopers

mk1coopers

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 654 posts

Posted 07 June 2016 - 05:35 AM

Well said, another mini saved.
I actually find tims blagging entertaining

The trouble with that is its not real, it's all pre arranged, would it not be better to visit these companies and show how the products are made without all the fakery....

#25 minifreek1

minifreek1

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,260 posts
  • Local Club: S.U.N.M.O.C

Posted 07 June 2016 - 06:25 AM

I haven't watched the episode yet, but am planning on doing so today sometime...

Its a good show, but could do without the Tim comedy bit, even Wheeler Dealers is a good show, but could do without Mike Brewer.... but theres always got to be the comedy bit on the side....

#26 mab01uk

mab01uk

Moved Into The Garage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,799 posts
  • Local Club: Mini Cooper Register

Posted 07 June 2016 - 06:38 AM

Can't stand watching Car SOS at the best of times, only watched this one because it was a Mini but nodded off after first half hour, recorded it so will catchup with the rest of this cringe making episode with the aid of the fast forward button sometime.....

Highlight of show:-

when the engine reconditioning guys point out the 'special plate' on the rocker cover that meant it had a Weslake race head......... :lol:

Edited by mab01uk, 07 June 2016 - 06:42 AM.

#27 OzOAP

OzOAP

Speeding Along Now

• Traders
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 367 posts

Posted 07 June 2016 - 08:54 AM

I sky+ it, fast forward the 'blagging/comedy/*******' bits, and pause the engine/mechanical bits to see what parts are in it. How sad...

#28 Greigzy

Greigzy

Learner Driver

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 07 June 2016 - 09:21 AM

Really enjoyed the show last night.

Wasn't as good as 'For the love of cars' restoration, but still a great watch :)

#29 Minipt2

Minipt2

Learner Driver

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 07 June 2016 - 10:34 AM

I haven't watched the episode yet, but am planning on doing so today sometime...

Its a good show, but could do without the Tim comedy bit, even Wheeler Dealers is a good show, but could do without Mike Brewer.... but theres always got to be the comedy bit on the side....

Agreed, is anyone watching the new series wheeler Dealers Mike  is even pushing Ed out of the garage to do whole segments of the work himself.

i much preferred wheeler dealers when it was just a quick two minute segment of Mike buying the car and the rest of it Ed explaining in detail what he is doing on the cars up until the sale. 

Don't the producers get that people don't watch these shows for the jeopardy or comedy they watch because they want to see like minded people talking passionately about the cars/work they are doing and maybe learn a few things on the way.

#30 ace01

ace01

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 454 posts
  • Local Club: Mini Cooper Register

Posted 07 June 2016 - 10:59 AM

The mini from car SOS will be at Beaulieu this coming weekend on the Carole Nash stand.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users