#1 mab01uk

mab01uk

Moved Into The Garage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,795 posts
  • Local Club: Mini Cooper Register

Posted 31 May 2016 - 06:37 PM

What did you think of Top Gear last night?

Same old format but worse presenting sums it up for me........also too much SHOUTING so I won't be watching next week.

Edited by mab01uk, 31 May 2016 - 06:38 PM.

#2 sledgehammer

sledgehammer

Up Into Fourth

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,060 posts

Posted 31 May 2016 - 06:53 PM

I won't watch it - hate the ginger whinger 

#3 scrumpix

scrumpix

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 453 posts
  • Local Club: Yeovil Mini Mania

Posted 31 May 2016 - 06:57 PM

going to give it a couple of weeks, not that impressed with episode 1

#4 megamini_jb

megamini_jb

Crazy About Mini's

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,491 posts
  • Name: Jamie

Posted 31 May 2016 - 06:59 PM

I cannot stand Chris Evans. I only watched about 20 minutes as I couldn't get into it

#5 WPD

WPD

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 85 posts

Posted 31 May 2016 - 07:02 PM

not too good, some of evans jokes were in poor taste, especially the beginning catering 'joke' and the custody of the stig joke.

Didn't like the rallycross deal, the idea behind star in a reasonably priced car was to put a celebrity in a car they would not be seen driving and thrash it around a course.

Get rid of the lot of them and start again with sabine, chris harris, stig 

And what was the deal with the corvette and ACR dogfight? i thought they were supposed to see which one was faster and braked better ie. put them on a track.

Only good bit was when sabine truly expressed her feelings towards the corvette.

I ended up leaving half way through, couldn't stand to listen to chris evans any longer.

#6 Corey96Williams

Corey96Williams

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 316 posts

Posted 31 May 2016 - 07:04 PM

Have a look at Richard Hammond's and James May's first episodes, they were rubbish. In fact the whole 10 first series' were terrible in my opinion. For their first show, with Matt LeBlanc who isn't a presenter, I think it was pretty good all considered. The show was getting very boring too I think. The exact same show for 14 years? They needed an overhaul (Coming from a big Top gear fan). I'm annoyed they brought the Stig back, I don't think it's entertaining or funny. And the 'star in the reasonably priced car' should have left with Clarkson too.

I don't see why people are complaining to be honest. The show gets a refresh, and we have an entire new show to look forward to with our favourites.  

He punched a producer over a steak. He deserved to get the sack (Again, coming from a TG fan). 

It can only get better.

Edited by Corey96Williams, 31 May 2016 - 07:05 PM.

#7 MIGLIACARS

MIGLIACARS

Up Into Fourth

• Traders
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,057 posts

Posted 31 May 2016 - 07:26 PM

Not seen it!!

but surly it cannot worse than Rat boy Hammond hanging out of clarksons ass for 30 mins

#8 OhDear

OhDear

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 560 posts

Posted 31 May 2016 - 07:30 PM

I must admit I sucked threw my teeth when I watched the first episode. but I thought. new things need a little time to adjust
..getting rid of the old sofa and replacing it with a new one always takes a little time
90% of the time we finally accept it. same thing can be said for new shoes. and so on give it chance we may all be surprised.

#9 sonikk4

sonikk4

Twisted Paint Polisher!!!

• Admin
  • 15,885 posts
  • Name: Neil

Posted 31 May 2016 - 07:43 PM

In a word CRAP!!

#10 Carlos W

Carlos W

Mine is purple, but I have been told that's normal

• TMF+ Member
  • 10,110 posts

Posted 31 May 2016 - 07:52 PM

I really liked the rally cross, the star in the reasonably priced car should've been scrapped years ago.

As for the rest, it was dire. 

#11 Hedgey

Hedgey

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 179 posts

Posted 31 May 2016 - 07:54 PM

I really liked the old format of top gear with the trio of Clarkson, Hammond & May. They had their own presenting style which was entertaining, it wasn't everyone's cup of tea but I enjoyed it. I gave the new top gear a try and i really disliked it from the start, Chris Evans was (in my opinion) very boring as a presenter, he just shouted and to be honest, it seemed like he was trying to be Clarkson with some of his humor. In fact the whole show just seemed like it was trying to imitate what the old top gear was and it just didn't work. I also wasn't a fan of the early digs at old top gear. Matt LeBlanc I thought was quite good, sure he wasn't the best presenter ever but that's because he's an actor.

And to top it all of for me Chris Evans's recent tweets killed any hope of me liking it, he sounded so desperate for people to like it and to have a dig at the other 3 it just seems awkward. Anyway that's just how I feel about it and I doubt I'll watch it again.

In a word CRAP!!

Sums up exactly how i feel about it in one syllable

Elliott  

#12 1984mini25

1984mini25

Crazy About Mini's

• Members
  • 8,781 posts

Posted 31 May 2016 - 08:03 PM

The studio looks too much like rip off of the American top gear for my liking.

Edited by 1984mini25, 31 May 2016 - 08:04 PM.

#13 Ben_O

Ben_O

Mill Road Garage

• Paint Doctor
  • 9,781 posts

Posted 31 May 2016 - 08:05 PM

I like Chris Evans in the morning on the way to work but not presenting Top Gear. I thought his performance was very forced and he just to me came across like a child showing off to his friends.

I didn't see the point in Evans and LeBlanc driving the plastic pigs to Blackpool and i just didn't get the Corvette/ACR thing at the airfield.

It was all a bit odd for me and i doubt i will watch next week. Ill just wait for The Grand Tour to start and see what that has to offer. I'm hoping it will be loads of mucking about like they did on Top Gear before because who wants to see boring car reviews?

If i want to know what a car is like, ill test drive it and decide myself

#14 Ethel

Ethel

..is NOT a girl!

• TMF Team
  • 25,409 posts
  • Local Club: none

Posted 31 May 2016 - 08:06 PM

I thought the catering and stig quips were fairplay, Clarkson has done similar after the event. I cringed more at Debian's "pale" quip on the spin off. If it ain't broke don't fix is Evans's approach it is not so much broken as worn out and what better time for a refurb?

#15 b_sdaddy

b_sdaddy

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 643 posts

Posted 31 May 2016 - 08:15 PM

I thought the catering and stig quips were fairplay, Clarkson has done similar after the event. I cringed more at Debian's "pale" quip on the spin off. If it ain't broke don't fix is Evans's approach it is not so much broken as worn out and what better time for a refurb?

The 'If it ain't broke' quote just about sums it up: It was tired, if not completely broken and in need of a revamp, and what a perfect time to start afresh with a blank piece of paper....

The BBC missed a great opportunity.

Liked the rallycross 'update'.

And if Matt LeBlanc is the 'answer', what was the question?

And why does the director continue to punctuate the programme with shots of woman in the audience.?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users