#31 FlyingScot

FlyingScot

Up Into Fourth

• TMF Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,660 posts
  • Local Club: Mini Cooper Register

Posted 15 June 2016 - 05:39 PM

Tried the new vacuum hoses today... I think I was mistaken in thinking that the ones on there originally were "okay but not great"... the new ones are so much better!

Almost all back together now, so fingers crossed should have it running tomorrow and back on the emmisions sniffer!

Probably will be......for about the 500 hundredth time on this section....vacuum pipes and fuel trap are service items!!
If you don't know they have been changed, bin them and replace the lot and the fuel trap. Your initial post said you had "
Tried the simple things, vacuum hoses ect. but no such luck :("

FS

#32 WoodlandsMini

WoodlandsMini

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 208 posts
  • Local Club: AutoJungle

Posted 15 June 2016 - 06:01 PM

Tried the new vacuum hoses today... I think I was mistaken in thinking that the ones on there originally were "okay but not great"... the new ones are so much better!

Almost all back together now, so fingers crossed should have it running tomorrow and back on the emmisions sniffer!

Probably will be......for about the 500 hundredth time on this section....vacuum pipes and fuel trap are service items!!
If you don't know they have been changed, bin them and replace the lot and the fuel trap. Your initial post said you had "
Tried the simple things, vacuum hoses ect. but no such luck :("

FS

Correct I assumed I had checked them and they were correct... my only experience with that sort of pipe is the advance/retard on a carb mini

Everything back together today and now it won't start...

#33 tmsmini

tmsmini

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 709 posts
  • Local Club: MOASF

Posted 15 June 2016 - 07:38 PM

Did you disconnect the power when switching the sensors?

If so you may have to re-sync the key fobs with the system.

You need to press one of the fob buttons multiple times in rapid succession. If one doesn't doit, then I try the other one.

Any chance the inertia switch got bumped during the work done?

#34 WoodlandsMini

WoodlandsMini

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 208 posts

Posted 15 June 2016 - 07:41 PM

I did disconnect it was off for some time too, the car didn't have any fobs with it just two basic keys :( tried the switch and no luck

#35 FlyingScot

FlyingScot

Up Into Fourth

• TMF Team
  • 2,660 posts

Posted 16 June 2016 - 10:35 AM

I don't think we established the year of the car - does it have an immobiliser? The wee red led on the dash might be on ?

Sorry about my harsh retort about the vacuum pipes....

FS

Edited by FlyingScot, 16 June 2016 - 10:35 AM.

#36 tmsmini

tmsmini

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 709 posts
  • Local Club: MOASF

Posted 16 June 2016 - 01:40 PM

When you say it won't start, does it turn over but not fire or does not it not turn over at all?

#37 WoodlandsMini

WoodlandsMini

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 208 posts

Posted 16 June 2016 - 06:01 PM

1993, turns over but won't start git spark by fuel seems to be the issue all pipes and wires are connected

I have a feeling it gas something to do with the inertia switch and wiring that goes to it which has been cut and bridges by the previous owner

Should this have a constant live feed?

The fuel pump can be heard whirring when you turn ignition on and appears to reach pressure theb switch off, I think this is normal?

#38 WoodlandsMini

WoodlandsMini

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 208 posts

Posted 16 June 2016 - 06:03 PM

In ref to immobiliser I'm not entirely sure what is working but we seem to have 3 or 4 immobilisers in various places which may explain the dodgy wiring I will take some pictures tomorrow to help explain

#39 FlyingScot

FlyingScot

Up Into Fourth

• TMF Team
  • 2,660 posts

Posted 16 June 2016 - 06:17 PM

1993, turns over but won't start git spark by fuel seems to be the issue all pipes and wires are connected
I have a feeling it gas something to do with the inertia switch and wiring that goes to it which has been cut and bridges by the previous owner
The fuel pump can be heard whirring when you turn ignition on and appears to reach pressure theb switch off, I think this is normal?

Mmmm suspicious if the inertia has been bridged (and not safe).
Pump should run for about 5 secs on ignition position, it's timed as there is no pressure sensor on these.
Check connection to crank sensor as thus cuts the fuel if crank angle not being measured.

FS

#40 FlyingScot

FlyingScot

Up Into Fourth

• TMF Team
  • 2,660 posts

Posted 16 June 2016 - 06:19 PM

In ref to immobiliser I'm not entirely sure what is working but we seem to have 3 or 4 immobilisers in various places which may explain the dodgy wiring I will take some pictures tomorrow to help explain

Okay let's see what kind of birds nest you are dealing with :D

FS

#41 WoodlandsMini

WoodlandsMini

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 208 posts

Posted 17 June 2016 - 12:40 PM

Pump should run for about 5 secs on ignition position, it's timed as there is no pressure sensor on these.
Check connection to crank sensor as thus cuts the fuel if crank angle not being measured.

FS

FS

Quick check before work this morning, just to be sure its the blue connector at the front of the engine seems to be connected (again weirdly its not actually attached to the car (missing a screw/bolt)

Runs about 5 seconds then off, so perhaps no issues with pump.

Inertia... I have no idea! I think someone has but a mobiliser in-line to the cut off switch... will get some pictures this evening.

#42 WoodlandsMini

WoodlandsMini

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 208 posts

Posted 17 June 2016 - 06:54 PM

Odd one purge valve fuse was gone replaced now though and waiting for a jump I think that could have caused it?

#43 WoodlandsMini

WoodlandsMini

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 208 posts

Posted 17 June 2016 - 07:31 PM

No luck but can't have helped

#44 WoodlandsMini

WoodlandsMini

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 208 posts

Posted 17 June 2016 - 08:26 PM

Okay bit more info the injector doesnt seem to be fueling, fuel goes to the injector but not going through the switch, very low 0.3volt reading, from the wire

#45 WoodlandsMini

WoodlandsMini

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 208 posts

Posted 18 June 2016 - 03:38 PM

Bit the bullet and bought a Pickavant ACR4... lets hope it helps diagnose issues!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users