#1 nicklouse

nicklouse

Moved Into The Garage

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,940 posts
  • Local Club: Anonyme Miniholiker

Posted 13 June 2016 - 09:35 PM

I had to order some part from the above as no one else listed it.

Placed order on the 2nd June at night. Was not confirmed that order was shipped till the 6th. It arrived on the 13th. So where does the 48 hour delivery come in?

Just as well it arrived today or they would have had it back for reshipping as I will not be at this address from tomorrow morning.

Ok Royal Mail had it for a number of days, well a week! Does not help.

Thankfully I don't see myself needing to get anything else from them ever again.

#2 kyle9832

kyle9832

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 434 posts

Posted 13 June 2016 - 09:40 PM

this has happened to me a couple of times from them.... they listed the items as in stock then after a week of no delivery it was not until i rang them that they told me the item is infact not in stock! and this has now happened twice! and also delivery is a common thing for me, more often than not the delivery is a few days later than said!

#3 1984mini25

1984mini25

Crazy About Mini's

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,781 posts

Posted 13 June 2016 - 09:44 PM

There '48 hour delivery' is only from when they get off there backside and dispatch it. My first and last order I made with them 11 years ago, they only had one item from the order in stock. So they posted that out charging the full postage for the whole order and then charged for the full postage again when the other items were dispatched a few weeks later.

#4 Daviewonder

Daviewonder

Needs an extra inch!!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,015 posts

Posted 13 June 2016 - 09:58 PM

I ordered a badge on the 6th of May. Still waiting. The website says 5-7 days delivery but after you pay for it you get an email that says it's not in stock.

Wouldn't hurt for them to list it on the website as out of stock.

#5 robminibcy

robminibcy

Camshaft & Stage Two Head

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,516 posts

Posted 13 June 2016 - 09:59 PM

ive found them very hit and miss, the last order I placed arrived very quickly but previous to that I must have phoned two or three times to chase. I hardly even use them unless as in the first post I can't get what I need elsewhere.

#6 Arthy

Arthy

Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 112 posts

Posted 13 June 2016 - 10:09 PM

I ordered some stickers from them and they had gone off and cracked as soon as I took them off their backing.

However I have used them over 10 times, and that was the only incident. 

#7 Greigzy

Greigzy

Learner Driver

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 14 June 2016 - 03:30 PM

On a positive note, I order a few parts last week. Ordered on the Wednesday and arrived on the Thursday - couldn't ask for better :)

#8 Steve220

Steve220

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,887 posts
  • Local Club: BMC

Posted 14 June 2016 - 03:46 PM

Small items, no issues. Anything large and I'm on the phone to them. They work on the basis that they've become so big and most will use them (and probably end up being disappointed) that they can remain afloat.

#9 nicklouse

nicklouse

Moved Into The Garage

• TMF+ Member
  • 17,940 posts
  • Local Club: Anonyme Miniholiker

Posted 14 June 2016 - 04:06 PM

Small items, no issues. Anything large and I'm on the phone to them. They work on the basis that they've become so big and most will use them (and probably end up being disappointed) that they can remain afloat.

I would say a set of KAD rack limiters is a small order. Just that KAD no longer list them and no one else has them.

First time I'm about 30 years I have bought anything from them. And the last time was in the shop.

#10 mk3 Cooper S

mk3 Cooper S

Crazy About Mini's

• Members
  • 5,569 posts

Posted 14 June 2016 - 04:11 PM

Interesting that people don't have time to call suppliers and arrange deliveries and to check current stock these days but they have time to complain about suppliers not updating their internet stock lists.!!

Our purchasing dept at work never rely on internet ordering for urgent parts. Pick up the phone and talk to suppliers.

#11 Steve220

Steve220

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,887 posts
  • Local Club: BMC

Posted 14 June 2016 - 04:15 PM

Problem is now-a-days is that companies are now liable for Internet content (website stock data etc) as it is the most popular trading media.

#12 mk3 Cooper S

mk3 Cooper S

Crazy About Mini's

• Members
  • 5,569 posts

Posted 14 June 2016 - 04:17 PM

Problem is now-a-days is that companies are now liable for Internet content (website stock data etc) as it is the most popular trading media.

Content but not stock levels

#13 DJS911

DJS911

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 240 posts

Posted 14 June 2016 - 08:30 PM

I have to say that this year I have put 4 orders their way, paid for 48 hour delivery and always received the items the next day.

#14 Chris.Williams

Chris.Williams

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 679 posts

Posted 14 June 2016 - 09:34 PM

I would say a set of KAD rack limiters is a small order. Just that KAD no longer list them and no one else has them.
First time I'm about 30 years I have bought anything from them. And the last time was in the shop.
For next time, I got mine here
http://www.somerford...8577228ba9847b8

Oh and cheaper too

Edited by Chris.Williams, 14 June 2016 - 09:36 PM.

#15 Carlos W

Carlos W

Mine is purple, but I have been told that's normal

• TMF+ Member
  • 10,110 posts

Posted 14 June 2016 - 10:27 PM

Interesting that people don't have time to call suppliers and arrange deliveries and to check current stock these days but they have time to complain about suppliers not updating their internet stock lists.!!

Our purchasing dept at work never rely on internet ordering for urgent parts. Pick up the phone and talk to suppliers.

I've just finished work, I find it very hard to find time to ring suppliers, it's far easier for me to place orders online. If you're going to have an online shop you need it to show stock levels accurately.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users