Photo
- - - - -

K20A Mini Build, Need Help Sourcing Parts!

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 adamsmith_25

adamsmith_25

Just On Tickover

• Noobies
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 16 June 2016 - 06:14 AM

Hey everyone, got my engine in the frame but it did not come with any engine mounts. does anyone know exactly what mounts to order?

#2 cptkirk

cptkirk

Camshaft & Stage Two Head

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,799 posts
  • Local Club: B.M.C. + Chiminiclub

Posted 16 June 2016 - 09:04 AM

Hey everyone, got my engine in the frame but it did not come with any engine mounts. does anyone know exactly what mounts to order?

Adam, off the top of my head I think the forward, rear and gearbox mounts can be genuine Honda or other aftermarket, the drivers side (RHD) is a large rubber mount and bespoke mount from Zcars, maybe someone mid build can chime in with a former size for this as my car isn't currently at my place so I couldn't measure it if I wanted to. Good luck.

#3 andream88

andream88

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 169 posts

Posted 16 June 2016 - 01:31 PM

I will try to take some pics/measurements of the bespoke mount for you by the end of the week.

#4 adamsmith_25

adamsmith_25

Just On Tickover

• Noobies
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 18 June 2016 - 05:13 AM

Thanks guys, any help is apprieciated . the front and rear look like the stock will work. as for the left side/transmission mount that is on top of the tranny, it looks like the bracket that bolts to the tranny is stock but the actual rubber may be something zcars made? I think I can just order a rubber bushing and make a bracket to wrap around it and it should work, as for the right side/belt side of the engine I have no idea what will work. looking forward to seeing some pics and measurments.

#5 dondo

dondo

Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 128 posts

Posted 18 June 2016 - 09:51 AM

This is the passenger side mount from what I can see you need 2 Honda mounts cut the original fitting parts off press out the rubber and then weld lugs to suit, then remove the new bush and press in to your new adapted mount to fit the frame.
As for the driver side don't know, the front and rear are standard mounts.

I had the passenger one fail last year so removed it pressed it out purchased a new OEM Honda part cut the shell to release the bush and pressed it into the zcars mount

All the best
Don

Attached Files

#6 minitoadhall

minitoadhall

Learner Driver

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 18 June 2016 - 05:49 PM

The ones on the crank pulley end, the rear one, and on the end of the gear box are all Honda. The only one not is the one on the front of the engine. Having problems uploading pics, can you forward your e-mail address and will send on to you.

#7 andream88

andream88

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 169 posts

Posted 20 June 2016 - 05:47 PM

the RHD drivers side mount is a 4cm tall and 7cm dia rubber mount.

I have taken a couple of pics for you, will upload them later.

#8 adamsmith_25

adamsmith_25

Just On Tickover

• Noobies
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 30 June 2016 - 02:56 AM

What are people using to couple the zcars drive shafts to the k20 diff?

#9 cptkirk

cptkirk

Camshaft & Stage Two Head

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,799 posts
  • Local Club: B.M.C. + Chiminiclub

Posted 30 June 2016 - 03:59 PM

The inner CV joints are from the K20, the outer CV's are from a ford Mondeo I believe and the drive shaft is supplied by Zcars as you can imagine its a special, having a Honda spline on one end and Ford on the other..... Does this answer your question??

#10 adamsmith_25

adamsmith_25

Just On Tickover

• Noobies
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 30 June 2016 - 09:58 PM

The inner CV joints are from the K20, the outer CV's are from a ford Mondeo I believe and the drive shaft is supplied by Zcars as you can imagine its a special, having a Honda spline on one end and Ford on the other..... Does this answer your question??

#11 adamsmith_25

adamsmith_25

Just On Tickover

• Noobies
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 30 June 2016 - 10:00 PM

Yes I believe so. my kit came with the outer drive shafts but I'll need to source the inner cv joints. Thanks!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users