#3 86mayfair

86mayfair

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 557 posts
  • Local Club: Mini Cooper Register

Posted 01 August 2016 - 09:23 PM

I shall be there! I work for MINI UK in the MINI Challenge so I'll be there all weekend in the garages

#4 charliebudd

charliebudd

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 429 posts

Posted 02 August 2016 - 03:09 PM

Just me then

ill be there racing my 7 ! wish there would promote this event better then they do ! 

#5 59 Speed

59 Speed

Formally know as Smackfiend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 674 posts

Posted 02 August 2016 - 04:42 PM

Just me then

wish there would promote this event better then they do !

I agree!

I sent them an email / moan / suggestions of how to make the event better. I feel like is isn't as big as it could be, and no where near as big as Brands Hatch - racing over two days all series and event one off races.

I received an email saying that they can only race on a Saturday due to planning regs (noise?).

There was a VW show at Oulton in May where it was a two day event, show on one day with racing on another, shame this isn't done for the minis.

#6 86mayfair

86mayfair

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 557 posts

Posted 02 August 2016 - 05:27 PM

Yeah very few series are allowed to race on Sundays as there is a limit on how many sundays as well as noisy days are allowed per year. As far as I know, it's only BTCC and BSB that are allowed on Sundays.

Even the brands festival has got smaller. The first and second years were pretty big. I know in the first year there were lots of cars on the south bank as well as in the club area, and lots of traders

#7 charliebudd

charliebudd

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 429 posts

Posted 03 August 2016 - 07:58 AM

Just me then

wish there would promote this event better then they do !

I agree!

I sent them an email / moan / suggestions of how to make the event better. I feel like is isn't as big as it could be, and no where near as big as Brands Hatch - racing over two days all series and event one off races.

I received an email saying that they can only race on a Saturday due to planning regs (noise?).

There was a VW show at Oulton in May where it was a two day event, show on one day with racing on another, shame this isn't done for the minis.

Yeah very few series are allowed to race on Sundays as there is a limit on how many sundays as well as noisy days are allowed per year. As far as I know, it's only BTCC and BSB that are allowed on Sundays.

Even the brands festival has got smaller. The first and second years were pretty big. I know in the first year there were lots of cars on the south bank as well as in the club area, and lots of traders

i attended MG Live this year at silverstone and that event was huge in comparison, made both mini festivals look pathetic. much more effort is requires at brands hatch and oulton, there are so many mini clubs out there, need to get them involved. 

#8 Midas Mk1

Midas Mk1

Crazy About Mini's

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,626 posts
  • Local Club: S.U.N.M.C

Posted 03 August 2016 - 08:44 AM

I'll be going this  year if I can get my Mini working, my daily Cooper is way too low for the speedbumps at Oulton..  :cry:

Loved the first year at Oulton, left by dinner last year, rubbish atmosphere compared to the previous year, hoping it's alot better this year, as Oultons a great track, and had a good weekend there this year for BTCC. 

#9 59 Speed

59 Speed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 674 posts

Posted 03 August 2016 - 09:18 AM

speedbumps at Oulton..  :cry:

Oh, I've lowered mine, hope it can get over 😁

Provisional race timetable:
http://oultonpark.mi...il&utm_content=

#10 mab01uk

mab01uk

Moved Into The Garage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,777 posts

Posted 04 August 2016 - 11:36 AM

This years BH Mini Festival was quite well supported but the south bank was empty (an extra £5 to park there!) I think some previous years had better attendance because anyone arriving in a Mini or MINI got the car and driver in for free..........this year everyone had to pay £25 on the gate whether arriving in a Mini or not.

#11 59 Speed

59 Speed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 674 posts

Posted 04 August 2016 - 01:36 PM

This years BH Mini Festival was quite well supported but the south bank was empty (an extra £5 to park there!) I think some previous years had better attendance because anyone arriving in a Mini or MINI got the car and driver in for free..........this year everyone had to pay £25 on the gate whether arriving in a Mini or not.

Ticket discount:

http://www.love-mini...uk/minifestival

#12 Midas Mk1

Midas Mk1

Crazy About Mini's

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,626 posts
  • Local Club: S.U.N.M.C

Posted 04 August 2016 - 02:23 PM

Oh, I've lowered mine, hope it can get over

Provisional race timetable:
http://oultonpark.mi...il&utm_content=

That low though? >_<

No Historics, disappointing line up..

12531001_1546550882311381_98942766_n.jpg

#13 59 Speed

59 Speed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 674 posts

Posted 04 August 2016 - 03:05 PM

Oh, I've lowered mine, hope it can get over
Provisional race timetable:http://oultonpark.mi...il&utm_content=
That low though? >_<
No Historics, disappointing line up..12531001_1546550882311381_98942766_n.jpg

Maybe, depends on how big that tub is 😳

On the racing side it's a shame it isn't as big as the Brands Hatch event. Even if it was like the VW show at Oulton in May - show one day, racing the next.

#14 59 Speed

59 Speed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 674 posts

Posted 04 August 2016 - 03:07 PM

-

Edited by Smackfiend, 12 August 2016 - 09:30 PM.

#15 86mayfair

86mayfair

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 557 posts

Posted 09 August 2016 - 04:53 PM

i attended MG Live this year at silverstone and that event was huge in comparison, made both mini festivals look pathetic. much more effort is requires at brands hatch and oulton, there are so many mini clubs out there, need to get them involved. 

I was there too, running a car in the European Lotus Cup. I didn't hang around to look at the show, but from what I saw it looked pretty good

Yeah this year was an improvement in numbers, but you're right, I definitely remember it being cheaper!

No Historics, disappointing line up..

I could be entirely wrong... but I wonder if it's anything to do with Swiftune being very local to Brands, and it being very accessible for the French competitors, and Oulton being a pain in the arse to get to. I live 5 miles from Swiftune, and it takes about 5 hours in a car to get to Oulton, so it must be about the same, or maybe an hour longer from the channel. And even longer still in a truck

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users