#1 quagmire

quagmire

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 74 posts

Posted 23 July 2016 - 05:59 PM

Hi all
As the title says really i have the chance to purchase a 1600 sport civic I know the car and it's current owner and was wondering would it be possible to use this engine in my z cars road frame. I know there would be a considerable difference in power compared to the type R but this would obviously be a complete car with all the ancillaries looms ecu etc. The reason I am considering this option is basically cost (I would be getting the car for next to nothing) and the fact it would speed up my build no end. Also there is nothing to say I couldn't fit a type r at some point in the future when funds allow thoughts anybody

#2 Renessy

Renessy

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 306 posts
  • Local Club: minisevenclub Holland

Posted 24 July 2016 - 06:43 AM

I have a B16 Zcars conversion.

They only made this frame for a little while as the gear linkage is a bit tricky.

On the other hand you have quite a bit of space to mount a turbo or supercharger to compensate the power to the K20.

Best is to try and contact Zcars....

If that doesn't work you can always think about placing the engine in the front.

Good luck!

René

#3 quagmire

quagmire

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 74 posts

Posted 25 July 2016 - 10:14 AM

Thanks for your reply fitting to the front is not a option as i already have the z cars road frame basically what I wanted to know was would the 1600 vtec fit this frame or is the block/engine different in size engine mounts etc also would the gearbox be the same configuration as the k20 ie would it sit correctly with the z cars trailing arms and drive shafts

#4 Renessy

Renessy

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 306 posts
  • Local Club: minisevenclub Holland

Posted 28 July 2016 - 10:57 PM

K20 enigine is totally different to the B16 enigine.... That will not work!

Maybe you could change the engine mounts but I would go that way.... even the exhaust manifold is on the other side of the engine....

Just go for the K20. ;D

#5 quagmire

quagmire

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 74 posts

Posted 29 July 2016 - 08:32 PM

Done a bit of research on the web and like you say engine won't fit, it was just a thought as the civic was going cheap much better off with the k20 anyway

#6 Kam

Kam

Straight to the Point

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,140 posts
  • Local Club: 16vMini club

Posted 30 July 2016 - 10:09 PM

Break the civic, you will be surprised what you can get if you have the time to do it

Fund it for the k20, job done 

#7 quagmire

quagmire

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 74 posts

Posted 31 July 2016 - 08:28 PM

Not really got the time or the space to be honest besides My other half would leave me needing some new man bits if I had a car in pieces all over the drive ha

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users