22 replies to this topic

#16 xrocketengineer

xrocketengineer

Rocket Man

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,637 posts

Posted 03 August 2016 - 12:47 AM

Well, you need information. Download all the PDF files found in entry #40 of this thread:

http://www.theminifo...-perhaps/page-3

Here you will find the SPI info plus the auto transmission info and repairs:

http://miniscene-unt...anual_92-96.pdf

Have fun!

#17 hennasxi

hennasxi

Mini Mad

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 117 posts
  • Local Club: LSMOC

Posted 05 August 2016 - 07:48 PM

Here are some pics of the engine bay and the car itself =)

Yes that is an SPi jap spec car then, the hybrid John mentioned.   

#18 loobas

loobas

Just On Tickover

• Noobies
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 18 May 2017 - 06:24 PM

Hi Guys, thank you for all the replies. Its been a while since i opened this thread and the mini stil remains in the garage. 

The problem with changing the gears is now fixed! I bought one new governor and had replaced it. But now i have another issue.

When the mini reaches 4th gear, the rpm increases like if the clutch its over, but there is nothing wrong with it. The clutch is ok, and everything else is checked.

Does anyone knows whats going on, or had the same problem as me?

Thank u (my english is kinda rusty, feel free to correct me)

#19 MRA

MRA

Previously known as 'mra-minis.co.uk'.

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,607 posts

Posted 19 May 2017 - 03:50 PM

Does it then "drop" into 4th gear all ok and drive normally ?  this is called "flare" and will destroy your top and reverse and possibly your forward clutch as well, the issue is nearly always down to low pressure and can often be fixed by changing all the seals and gaskets, ie a full rebuild kit, however you will need to check all the possible areas that may cause leakage, I had a recent unit that did exactly this and it was caused by a pressure release valve failure, hard to find and fix.

#20 loobas

loobas

Just On Tickover

• Noobies
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 19 May 2017 - 05:40 PM

Does it then "drop" into 4th gear all ok and drive normally ?  this is called "flare" and will destroy your top and reverse and possibly your forward clutch as well, the issue is nearly always down to low pressure and can often be fixed by changing all the seals and gaskets, ie a full rebuild kit, however you will need to check all the possible areas that may cause leakage, I had a recent unit that did exactly this and it was caused by a pressure release valve failure, hard to find and fix.

Thanks for the reply MRA! The thing is, the pressure is ok till 3rd gear... It drops sudenly when the 4th gear is engaged... do you know that even if with this thing happening, is stil the leakage? 

#21 MRA

MRA

• Banned
  • 7,607 posts

Posted 19 May 2017 - 08:26 PM

Thanks for the reply MRA! The thing is, the pressure is ok till 3rd gear... It drops sudenly when the 4th gear is engaged... do you know that even if with this thing happening, is stil the leakage? 

I can fix it for you or I can sell you the parts to fix it, but like so many things in life I have found that my advice actually costs me money when I freely give it out and then find out they went to a competitor who can't help them fix it.  I have 30+ years of experience with the AP2 unit ;) 

#22 loobas

loobas

Just On Tickover

• Noobies
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 22 May 2017 - 08:04 PM

I can fix it for you or I can sell you the parts to fix it, but like so many things in life I have found that my advice actually costs me money when I freely give it out and then find out they went to a competitor who can't help them fix it.  I have 30+ years of experience with the AP2 unit ;) 

I would love to bring my mini for you to fix it for me, the bad thing is that im from Brazil... Do you have the parts/advice to sell me? In this case i will have to go to a competitor to fix it because you are to far away from me lol. But im interested in the parts, and the advices if you can help me out. Thank you very much

#23 MRA

MRA

• Banned
  • 7,607 posts

Posted 28 May 2017 - 09:57 AM

I would love to bring my mini for you to fix it for me, the bad thing is that im from Brazil... Do you have the parts/advice to sell me? In this case i will have to go to a competitor to fix it because you are to far away from me lol. But im interested in the parts, and the advices if you can help me out. Thank you very much

PM sent....  (well it should be by the time you read this....)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users