1 reply to this topic

#1 lsto

lsto

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 507 posts

Posted 25 July 2016 - 05:20 PM

Thought I'd start a topic where people could have a moan about stuff not going their way...

Last week after sweating my plums off at work in a big metal tin shed I thought I'd treat myself and get my air con charged on my rover ZR. Anyway after spending some money getting it charged it turned out the condenser fan is seized so it still don't work 😭.
So I ordered a new fan.
While I am waiting for this to arrive I thought I'd take my focus to work so I can enjoy a nice cool drive home after working in the sweat box. Anyway about 5 mins into my drive the air con is soothing my sweaty brow when, tink... blower motor dies...
Still had to enjoy another sweaty drive home stuck in traffic with no air con...

It's defiantly not my day.

#2 xrocketengineer

xrocketengineer

Rocket Man

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,637 posts

Posted 25 July 2016 - 11:30 PM

I feel your pain. Here in Florida, air conditioning is a necessity. It has been hot and humid for the longest time. One of the air conditioners for the house is not been able to cope with its temperature and humidity settings with the afternoon sun. I just ran out of my 10 year warranty, so I had to pay $80 for the service call to be told that the system is fine, needs no refrigerant and all the current and temperature measurements are fine. :angry: At least he did not suggest to replace the unit right off the bat. This particular unit has been terrible, during the warranty period the compressor had to be replaced and all the electronics were replaced also, so it is practically new.  I am going to try one more thing before calling anybody else. I have my suspicions that one of the return ducts in the attic might have a tear somewhere and is sucking in hot air. I got a 16 foot USB borescope/camera that I will run it inside the duct to see if can find a leak. After that, who knows...

Maybe the global warming will force me to get a bigger unit. :X

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users