2 replies to this topic

#1 Shaggy33

Shaggy33

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 311 posts

Posted 30 July 2016 - 02:49 PM

I see a few threads on here about the merits (or not) of fitting these but I decided to go for it as I like the look over standard mirrors.

Now I don't claim to be the sharpest tool in the box (but by no means the bluntest) but I really can't seem to figure out how to fit them.....In the fitting pack I've got the plastic wedge which bolts to door I assume them I've got the metal locking bar that the mirror grips to. 

I cannot for the life of me work out how the two go together, the only holes that line up with the plastic mount are the larger holes in the metal bar but can't see how you can attach them together?!
Any help please.....?!

#2 Richie83

Richie83

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,494 posts

Posted 30 July 2016 - 05:44 PM

I've not fitted mine yet, but does this help?

http://www.minispare...ng-instructions

It seems to me that the plate is fixed to the door. You then place the mirror over the plate and tighten the grub screw on the mirror. It's a bit like a toilet roll holder/towel rail in how it works.

#3 Shaggy33

Shaggy33

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 311 posts

Posted 30 July 2016 - 06:54 PM

Thanks for the reply, appreciate it. That's the image you get with the fitting adapter kit and what's confused me is the bit that says 'if you have fitting kit 90997 you don't need these parts....well that's exactly the parts in the fitting kit!
If the plate screws to door the bolt centres are different to stock so it means drilling new holes in door which scares me to death!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users