#182 McMini 22

McMini 22

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 289 posts

Posted 04 August 2017 - 09:48 PM

What ECU are you guys running?

I was planning on modifying mine later on.
Stage 1 will be standard ECU with homemade plenum and 4-2-1 exhaust.
Stage 2 will be replacing Micra throttle body with jenvey 52mm if it will run on Micra ECU.
Stage 3 will be gsx750 throttle bodies. I was going to use a nistune ecu but this will not run with the throttle bodies as it does not cope without a maf. So might have to go for microsquirt. No problem with that other than having to fit a trigger wheel. Pretty sure the micra uses a cam sensor?

Maybe I should just get mine running first.
2000miles already is impressive though! I'm well jealous but you are giving me inspiration that there is light at the end of the tunnel.

#183 micraminiman

micraminiman

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 151 posts

Posted 08 August 2017 - 08:06 AM

Im using the standard ECU and full Micra wiring loom.

If I do ever supercharge it it will have to be Microsquirt or similar aftermarket ECU. It will indeed require a trigger wheel for sensing.

Might have a go with some mild cams first to see if it will add a little extra go...

Still running great. Another 150 miles over the weekend, and I have it at work today as well as its a nice day. Will need to up my 5000 mile mileage limit with the insurance it seems! lol

#184 McMini 22

McMini 22

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 289 posts

Posted 08 August 2017 - 11:29 AM

Would it be worth getting into another ecu before you do anything else? This could release some of the hp that the Micra ECU is not seeing.

#185 micraminiman

micraminiman

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 151 posts

Posted 08 August 2017 - 03:02 PM

Its maybe an idea. Could get it tuned properly then to see what it can really give out. 

It feels every bit as fast as the 1340 full-race engine I was running, and it had 125HP.

I suspect it is around 105-110Hp as thats what other similar setups are getting.

All I can say is that it pulls very strong in every gear, and that there is a standard Nissan speed limiter with a hard cut-off set at 120mph.... ;-) 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users