2 replies to this topic

#1 quagmire

quagmire

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 74 posts

Posted 15 August 2016 - 08:37 PM

Just had a play around with temporary fitting the trailing arms to the frame and seem to have hit a problem, I haven't got my rear shocks yet so decided to support the rear of the arms with a length of 20mm square section tube drilled out two holes at 15inch centres (the open length of the shockers so I believe) bolted one end to the frame and the other to the mounting eyelet on the arms. The passenger side lined up OK but the other side is way out, about 25mm away from the eyelet towards the inside of the car. I have made sure the arms are bolted evenly to the frame using spacers and are sitting reasonably parallel to the bottom rail of the frame. It seems that the top shocker mount on the frame itself is slightly out of square (angled up) and this over 15 inches is throwing my tube away from plum so to speak. I was wondering if anyone else has had this problem and is it possible to overcome this once I have the correct shockers

#2 R1mini

R1mini

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,385 posts

Posted 16 August 2016 - 08:31 AM

The shockers will either have bearings or rubber bushes top and bottom and this flexibility will take care of any misalignment

#3 quagmire

quagmire

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 74 posts

Posted 16 August 2016 - 07:43 PM

Ah that's what i was hoping since posting i had a look at the Protech website and saw the adjustable bearings fitted to some shockers shown in the photos similar to a rose joint you don't happen to know what length of spring i will need,and the internal diameter, also the width of the top and bottom of the shocker itself,the bit that has the bearing in if you know what I mean

Thanks John

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users