gaaldonat

Just On Tickover

• Noobies
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • Local Club: Mini Club Hungary

Posted 25 August 2016 - 07:16 AM

Hi all,

I'm a new member here on the TMF. I'm from Hungary and member of the Mini Club Hungary.

I'm owning a Mini 25 Limited edition what was painted bmw metallic black (shame!) by the previous owner. I'm planning to restore it to it's original state and colours.

I'm looking for support and advices from more expert Mini owners/restorers, if possible then help with materials and parts and sutch for bringing my car back to factory state.

Cheers:

Donát

#2 megamini_jb

megamini_jb

Crazy About Mini's

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,491 posts
  • Name: Jamie

Posted 25 August 2016 - 11:24 AM

Hi Donát, welcome to the forum. You're in the right place for excellent help and advice.

#3 gaaldonat

gaaldonat

Just On Tickover

• Noobies
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 25 August 2016 - 12:03 PM

I was hoping for this. :) By my best informations I'm owning the only one 25th limited in Hungary (no other known ones by any of the members of the Mini Club Hungary.) This boy I think could tell many stories hopefully one day I'll get him suited up to his original looklike.

#4 gaaldonat

gaaldonat

Just On Tickover

• Noobies
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 23 March 2017 - 01:30 PM

It's been a while sine I popped around here. So I decided to give some heads up.

Where was I last time here... Hmm yeah Last August, OMG time flies badly...

Since I had engine troubles last year (it was eating oil badly like 1-1,5 liters on 100 Kms) at last august I got a lent engine for participating on the last event of the MCH ( - Mini Club Hungary). Needless to say that engine was not mutch better but it ate "only" 0,5 liter oil under 100 Kms.

So around end of September I had been offered to buy the engine for about 550 pounds or give it back. You can guess what I choose.

It was a pretty sad Thursday morning with grey clouds when we arrived to the garage to take the engine out and winch 'Csálé' on the trailer. After lowering Him at my garage and putting down the 'heart of the car' in front of it It felt pretty demoralizing and seemd to be long way to go when it can run again.

Due to work life I had to travel a lot from September until mid December, so I have almost had no time for it, only one Sunday in November when I used some Engine Cleaner to wash the oil off from it (I'll post Images before and after when I figure it out how to do that here.)

It was a small success but gave lots of inspiration to continue that from a black engine at the end the original yellow paint started to show up.

A bit later just one week before Christmas I was on holidays finally and took a day for taking the engine apart with my friend Kornél from the MCH. There were some issues with taking off the Verto Clutch it was pretty badly stuck on the crank that it did not wanted to come off with the clutch removal kit. We have put nearly full tension on it, and started to knock the flywheel all around while rotating the wheel, after a time it nicely popped off. - Yayy Success! :D

Then we have dissembled the gearbox and the cylinder head from the engine, needless to say after inspecting the bits my mouth curved down pretty badly. One Piston had an oil washer ring broken a 1/4th of the ring was missing from it and disappeared in the engine (we coudn't find it in the chamber or anywhere else.) another cam's top part was pretty badly scratched. The Primary Gear's Bushes were done as well, it had a nearly 2 mm up and down play on the Crank..

So that was it for 2016...

I'll continue the story in the next post for 2017.

Cheers:

Donát

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users