Next I've moved onto repairing the rest of the inner sill, this has involved cutting off the cover inner sill (over the cross member type), the remains of the old inner sill, an extra sheet of steel added for the sheer hell of it by the previous "restorer" and any remains of oversills.
Here's the first bit I cut off
After another night cutting away this is the mess that I was half way through removing.....
Big hole! New Inner sill to fill this gap soon!
After removing what I could ahead of the door bins I started to cut out the inner sill further back. Exposing more "repairs". The plan is to weld a new inner sill in where possible and remove any previous patches and any remaining areas of rust.
Close where you can see remainders of oversill, extra steel, old inner sill and bits of patches.