Photo

Anyone Managed To Get An Omp Trs To Fit In Their Mini?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 ozz1

ozz1

Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 141 posts

Posted 21 September 2016 - 10:01 PM

Looking at TRS's on ebay, seems like a decent entry level seat for a 130 quid, but in theory is too wide to sit flat on the floor pan before the inner sill starts to curve upwards - has anyone overcome this or is it different in practice/reality?

Thanks, Oscar

#2 rally1380

rally1380

Camshaft & Stage Two Head

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,893 posts

Posted 22 September 2016 - 09:15 AM

Looking at TRS's on ebay, seems like a decent entry level seat for a 130 quid, but in theory is too wide to sit flat on the floor pan before the inner sill starts to curve upwards - has anyone overcome this or is it different in practice/reality?

Thanks, Oscar

Hi Oscar

Why do you want it to sit flat on the floor pan? 

#3 ozz1

ozz1

Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 141 posts

Posted 22 September 2016 - 01:41 PM

Thanks, Oscar

Hi Oscar

Haha my mistake, I meant for the side mounts to sit flat on the floorpan!

#4 rally1380

rally1380

Camshaft & Stage Two Head

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,893 posts

Posted 22 September 2016 - 02:08 PM

Thanks, Oscar

Hi Oscar

Riiiiggghhhhttttt...........now i'm with you.

Ok so rather than having the side mounts with the flat piece that would bolt through the floor sticking out sideways towards the sill and exhaust tunnel, swap them around so they tuck under the seat if their design allows......I made my own side mounts and that is how I mount mine.

Failing that, what a lot of people do (and what I will be doing with mine) is weld in tubes across from sill to exhaust tunnel and use shorter side mounts to link the seat to these tubes..........this is the proper way of doing it as it is much much stronger than relying on flimsy floor metal. 

Hope this helps?

#5 ozz1

ozz1

Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 141 posts

Posted 22 September 2016 - 08:04 PM

Thanks, Oscar

Hi Oscar

Riiiiggghhhhttttt...........now i'm with you.

Ok so rather than having the side mounts with the flat piece that would bolt through the floor sticking out sideways towards the sill and exhaust tunnel, swap them around so they tuck under the seat if their design allows......I made my own side mounts and that is how I mount mine.

Failing that, what a lot of people do (and what I will be doing with mine) is weld in tubes across from sill to exhaust tunnel and use shorter side mounts to link the seat to these tubes..........this is the proper way of doing it as it is much much stronger than relying on flimsy floor metal. 

Hope this helps?

like it...never thought of putting side mounts on top of box section! overcomes the width issue and adds strength 

#6 Almond-1

Almond-1

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 203 posts
  • Local Club: Cooper Register

Posted 22 September 2016 - 10:11 PM

Not sure if yours have the bottom mounts as well.  My older ones did & manged to bolt from underneath with suitable spacers, plates & washers. The only problem is that they are then non adjustable & sit behind the cross member low down.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users