#1 minibugga

minibugga

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 87 posts

Posted 25 September 2016 - 06:21 PM

Hi David,

Not sure whether I should have private messaged you personally but I was thinking that if I have heard rumours, other customers would have too, and maybe some of them want to know what is going on too? 

I wanted to ask you a question about rumours I have heard about ex-employees working on projects from the old Z Cars where many are unfinished and it appears some of these customers are being ripped off. Are you aware of the rumours yourself and whether you are worried that it could impact on the new Z Cars. 

When are you opening, as I'd like to drop in to meet you.

Thanks, G.

Edited by minibugga, 25 September 2016 - 06:21 PM.

#2 beanc*unter

beanc*unter

Learner Driver

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 26 September 2016 - 05:28 PM

Hi,

Cards on the table -  I am aware of many rumours and perversely you may have done me a favour asking the question on the forum as I have been concerned about these and how the customers involved may be being treated. Remember I have been ripped off myself, I even had parts stolen, my turbo, Digi-Dash amongst other parts and my old kit was sold, without my permission, sold at a low price and the cash lost in the liquidation. Oh and my QBA drive (photographed strapped to my engine) was sold to another customer etc. etc.

Obviously I need to tread carefully, either tarring all ex-employees with the same brush or to name and seek to shame certain ex-employees. All that will do is invite one or many of those frenzied exchanges (we've all seen these) whereby the forum administrators throw a bucket of cold water over the accuser and the accused and then subsequently the new business is embroiled in a load of nonsense before I have even turned the door sign around to say 'open'. Incidentally this Friday is the big day for Z Cars Evolutions (ZCE), phone number announced and so on.

Back to the rumours then. An element of the rumours are true, in that some projects were work-in-progress when ZCPE ceased trading. Whilst some customers collected their cars, a few others chose to use the people they knew and then trusted - at the time - to finish their projects. To be fair there were limited options particularly with ZCE only an idea at that stage and it's taken an age to lay the foundations for resurrecting Z Cars, such was the devastation of the liquidation. I have been contacted by a few customers and am offering to get involved if they think they are having their leg lifted.

I have asked Chris Allanson to assist in the event, any customers would wish to take legal action against any ex-employees, then we will help them to pursue any individuals/companies who have sought to pull the wool over the eyes of customers, particularly some of the European ones who cannot easily keep an eye on their projects. I don't mention this as a threat or out of spite, I get nothing tangible from this, just the hassle, but by making this point sufficiently clear, I hope any of these outstanding projects are completed at the agreed price and the customers get their cars finished without incident. Then we can all move on. If I'm honest , I rather focus on ZCE, and not further ZCPE baggage.

There is nothing I can do realistically to protect the name of Z Cars, it's taken a beating already, that is for sure, and the rumours do not help. All I can do is bring it back, trade ethically and try to offer a better service and fund the R&D to bring out the revised Fiat and Mini kits. With any new company we will drop the baton now and again, but we will resolve any issues. It will take time to restore the reputation of the brand, but the fundamental difference is; I will use my own money to inject the working capital to build our stock and any deposits will not be used to pay rent or creditors before we despatch the goods, more so for peace of mind.

If there are any customers concerned about their projects, please private message me.

Thanks

David

#3 pinga123

pinga123

Starting My Mini Up

• Noobies
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 30 September 2016 - 09:16 PM

Hi,

I have heard that an ex-custumor from an BENELUX countrty has been massivlly ripped of from an ex Z-cars employee.

If I have more details I keep you informed

Kind tegards,

PINGA

#4 pinga123

pinga123

Starting My Mini Up

• Noobies
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 07 October 2016 - 08:05 PM

Hi,

I heard the guy is from Hull and works in Beverly