JonnyAlpha

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,744 posts
  • Local Club: Exmoor Minis

Posted 19 October 2016 - 12:31 PM

Hi;

I have nearly finished my restoration project but have not had time to drop the Engine or give it a full makeover so it's just going to get a smarten up in situ.

The car is GN37 Almond Green (as seen in the pic below) and the roof is WT03 Old English White.

The inside of the Engine Bay will also be Almond Green and I have some BMC Yellow Engine Enamel to paint the Engine Block its original colour

I have also picked up an Aluminium Metro Rocker Cover which will get a polish to replace the standard rusted one in the pic below.

The top of the brass radiator will be polished as will any aluminium parts, other brackets will be Engine Enamel Matt Black and I do not intend to change the hoses yet but if I did I would probably go Blue?

All of the wiring will be tidied up and wrapped in new PVC tape, probably black. 

Couple of styling questions on what would look best please:

1. What T Bars would look best on the Metro Aluminium Rocker Cover - Chrome, Blue or Red?

2. The front grill was black and has been shot blasted and primed in grey Epoxy - should I paint it Matt Black (I have the paint), Gloss Black, or Old English White to match the roof?

3. The bumpers are chrome but the front is badly rusted - I may get S/H replacements but in the mean time should I paint the OEW? or Matt Black? 

4. The hoses and Air Filter Housing are manky (especially the Air Filter Housing) what would be best to clean these up?

5. The metal fitting that goes on the end of the Air Filter Housing that takes warm air from the Exhaust Manifold is rusty, I was thinking of spraying this with Lead Weld Through spray?

IMAG5878_zpsiq1f8f9b.jpg

IMAG6778_zps7dtrwiad.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users