3 replies to this topic

#1 Vinnienova

Vinnienova

Passed Test

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 06 November 2016 - 09:48 PM

When I flick the window wiper stalk up the wipers will go from left to right then stop leaving them stranded on the right side of my windscreen. They won't go back to the left unless i put my arm out of the window and push them. They will then go back to the left then back to the right then stop again and I can't figure out what the hell it could be any help would be great as am getting alot of rain atm many thanks

#2 rhys-89

rhys-89

Camshaft & Stage Two Head

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,549 posts
  • Local Club: minifreekz

Posted 06 November 2016 - 09:56 PM

I would suggest trying some lubricant on the wheels box's that the wiper arms are attached to these can be accessed from engine bay also remove the plastic cover over the wiper motor then remove the square plate behind that will be the mechanism see if that needs lubricating or if it's missing any teeth of large cog

#3 alex-95

alex-95

I am THE CLAMP MAKER

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,017 posts

Posted 06 November 2016 - 10:17 PM

As above, probably needs a bit of lubrication, I would take out the whole lot, clean it all, and re-grease. The wiper wheel boxes may be heavily corroded and need replacing.

#4 richmondclassicsnorthwales

richmondclassicsnorthwales

One Carb Or Two?

• Traders
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 942 posts

Posted 06 January 2017 - 01:23 PM

If you grease everything up and nothing more happens, and it seems to do exactly the same, check the white switch on the wiper motor body.

These can be a bit temperamental. The insides can become dirty, contacts also break and contacts can become dirty.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: electrical, suspension, engine, brakes

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users