16 replies to this topic

#1 joey55

joey55

Just On Tickover

• Noobies
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 16 November 2016 - 05:23 AM

Hi all my name is Joey. I'm quite recent to the TMF. I have always loved mini's and like most had 1 as my first car. A white and black 79 Clubman. And again like most wish I had never sold her? but In my defence she was a bit ropy and I was still a young lad! And the hot hatch scene was all the rage! It's took me several cars and 23 years to get behind the wheel of MY new 78 Clubman. I say behind the wheel I drove her on to the transporter and off again then into the garage!! that was 4 months ago. I decided as she had stood for a couple of years It would be best practice to change all the old fluids and filters, check the steering, bearings brakes all the run of the mill safety stuff. My intention is to get her on the road and use her as a running project for now (during the winter months) and build up the funds to eventually give her a full nuts and bolt rebuild. Don't get me wrong she's very solid and straight with just a few patches that let her down. But this is due to her having a substantial rebuild about 8 years ago according to the folder or receipts and portfolio of photos I got with her? (I will upload selected pictures to give you all a idea of previous work done) when I get chance? I'm not a mechanic but also not scared to get my hands mucky and get stuck in. I hope to do as much as I can myself and with the help of friends and my kids have also shown a lot of interest Lilly 12 she loves minis almost as much as me and Joseph 10 he's just car mad in general! Like I say this will not be a rushed project and I hope you stick with me as I'm sure I'll be asking for loads of advice along the way. I have been inspired and pushed by other projects  on TMF to share mine and Cubbies journey. Hope you enjoy it and feel free to contribute any advice or tips as you see fit. As it say's at the top restricted funds lot's of time. I wish it was the other way round but that's the joy of having a wife 2 kids and Charlie the boxer (name ref Mr Croker) :D. I work nights and day shifts so posts will be sporadic at best but please bare with me. Many thanks Joey.

hopefully if I have done it correctly here are a few pictures of Clubby?

Attached File  13501810_1658094214516425_7019298503788546008_n.jpg   127.88K   35 downloads   Me on the day I picked her up before she went in the Garage.

Attached File  IMG_0441.JPG   74.88K   19 downloads

Attached File  IMG_0438.JPG   122.35K   9 downloads

Attached File  IMG_0440.JPG   61.87K   13 downloads

Attached File  IMG_0439.JPG   36.49K   8 downloads

Attached File  IMG_0442.JPG   92.33K   12 downloads

Attached File  IMG_0437.JPG   70.55K   7 downloads

#2 Carlos W

Carlos W

Mine is purple, but I have been told that's normal

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,110 posts

Posted 16 November 2016 - 06:33 AM

That looks like a great project.

Good luck.

If you're going to be buying panels and parts it may be worth becoming a TMF+ member. It costs 5 quid a year and gives you discounts with lots of companies including minispares and m-machine.

#3 JXC Mini GT

JXC Mini GT

One Carb Or Two?

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 776 posts

Posted 16 November 2016 - 11:06 AM

Looks like a nice project, definitely good advice to become a TMF member in order to get the discounts, it's worth keeping an eye on the TMF for sale section as well as ebay/gumtree etc for any parts you need.

Good luck with the project

#4 joey55

joey55

Just On Tickover

• Noobies
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 18 November 2016 - 01:12 AM

Thanks chaps. I have just subscribed to be a TMF+ member. Looking at my parts list I'll get that £5 back on my first order!! (Bargain) Hopefully get round to adding some more pictures over the weekend.

Carlos I have just had a quick look at your project and it looks like you have a good project to keep you busy! I will be following very closely.

#5 Carlos W

Carlos W

Mine is purple, but I have been told that's normal

• TMF+ Member
  • 10,110 posts

Posted 18 November 2016 - 11:49 AM

Thanks chaps. I have just subscribed to be a TMF+ member. Looking at my parts list I'll get that £5 back on my first order!! (Bargain) Hopefully get round to adding some more pictures over the weekend.

Carlos I have just had a quick look at your project and it looks like you have a good project to keep you busy! I will be following very closely.

Follow the instructions to get TMF+ discount at Minispares.

If you use m-machine ring and speak to Doreen, she's very helpful apparently. 

Thanks for your comments on my project. Progress is slow at the moment unfortunately.

#6 StuM

StuM

Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 140 posts
  • Local Club: Box Hill Mini Club

Posted 18 November 2016 - 01:26 PM

Following this, as who doesn't love a Clubby project ;)

Good luck with it.

Stu

#7 sonikk4

sonikk4

Twisted Paint Polisher!!!

• Admin
  • 15,884 posts
  • Name: Neil

Posted 18 November 2016 - 05:02 PM

Nice project, have a butchers at the Project Paddy link in my signature, full nut and bolt resto on my clubby. Currently second year into the bodywork.

#8 joey55

joey55

Just On Tickover

• Noobies
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 18 November 2016 - 05:25 PM

I have already looked at both your projects and they helped me decide to get my Clubby started and get her to a decent road standard while I build up the funds and experience to tackle the full on rebuild to such a standard that you guys are working to. Keep your updates and good work going I'm now following both and getting lots of pointers and ideas. ;D

#9 joey55

joey55

Just On Tickover

• Noobies
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 02 February 2017 - 08:36 AM

Attached File  002.JPG   47.76K   7 downloadsAttached File  005.JPG   66.28K   7 downloadsAttached File  003.JPG   31.28K   7 downloadsAttached File  001.JPG   50.96K   7 downloadsAttached File  007.JPG   76.27K   6 downloadsAttached File  006.JPG   68.95K   15 downloads

Sorry I know it's been a while, But with Christmas (2 expensive kids age 10 & 12). Being in the shop fitting trade work is slow this time of year also.

But I have been cleaning and doing small repairs. Having had a delivery from Mini Spares I spent a couple of hours in the garage last night and started rebuilding the front hubs.

My aim now is to get her back on the road for my birthday in April and use her through the (dryer) summer month's and then do some more work during the winter months.

#10 Midas Mk1

Midas Mk1

Crazy About Mini's

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,626 posts
  • Local Club: S.U.N.M.C

Posted 02 February 2017 - 08:42 AM

Nice project, orange is one of the best Mini colours ;) :thumbsup:

#11 joey55

joey55

Just On Tickover

• Noobies
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 02 February 2017 - 09:00 AM

Thanks I was thinking of changing the colour to something a bit more subtle!! But it's growing on me and friends comment on the colour when they see it. So the future is bright the future is Orange! ;D

#12 JXC Mini GT

JXC Mini GT

One Carb Or Two?

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 776 posts

Posted 02 February 2017 - 04:33 PM

Stick with the Orange :-) :-)

#13 minimissions

minimissions

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,427 posts
  • Local Club: M.M.O.C

Posted 02 February 2017 - 05:28 PM

This looks like a great little project, I will be checking in for a look, nice to see another getting some tlc.

#14 joey55

joey55

Just On Tickover

• Noobies
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 05 February 2017 - 09:01 AM

Not much progress this weekend! But I did get time to make this at work. The boss left early and it was quite on Friday! 👍

Attached Files

Edited by joey55, 05 February 2017 - 09:10 AM.

#15 joey55

joey55

Just On Tickover

• Noobies
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 08 February 2017 - 07:25 PM

Attached File  IMG_0691.JPG   50.12K   4 downloadsAttached File  IMG_0700.JPG   53.4K   5 downloadsAttached File  IMG_0707.JPG   66.12K   11 downloadsAttached File  IMG_0710.JPG   58.5K   13 downloads

Quick update! 1st corner rebuilt dry fit hand tight only, but pleased with results.

Remember this is only a quick strip and rebuild as I don't know how long she stood before I brought her and I want her back on the road for April. and funds are limited. so be kind?? :shy:

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: clubman

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users