66 replies to this topic

#1 xydte

xydte

Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 141 posts

Posted 19 November 2016 - 06:50 PM

Got some time Free from work and started working the mini. First thing tomorrow  i am gonna put more photos from my dlsr camera so you can have a better look.

ALSO i will make a tutorial on how to remove the brake pump. I searched all around the net and i didn't find any thread with pictures or so.

Haynes manual is a little bit misunderstanding in the pump section so i am gonna upload a video in my youtube channel  along with how to remove and install the gas tank.

So today i got the hole interior out, carpets seats etc, thank god i found a biological cleaning vaccum from a friend and here are the results.

For the carpets i had to let them in the water 2 times-3hours etc but they cleaned out. in the first picture i couldn't believe how brown the water became from the dirt!!! (sorry if my english are bad )

Attached Files

Edited by xydte, 19 November 2016 - 07:07 PM.

#2 Vinay-RS

Vinay-RS

Put's foolish ideas in peoples heads

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,093 posts

Posted 20 November 2016 - 05:19 PM

Cool looking project. Best of luck with it :) 

#3 scrumpix

scrumpix

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 453 posts
  • Local Club: Yeovil Mini Mania

Posted 20 November 2016 - 05:32 PM

I bet the weather in Rhodes is much better than here in England

#4 xydte

xydte

Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 141 posts

Posted 20 November 2016 - 06:25 PM

I bet the weather in Rhodes is much better than here in England

25 celcium today i got my faced burned in the sun. And still i have customers from UK in my Rental Villa....(If anyone comes to Rhodes let me know i will help you)

Cool looking project. Best of luck with it :) 

Thought it's gonna be easy, Next post will be on February when i come back from Athens. It's gonna need a  tow truck to reach the workshop throttle pedal also stucked, i removed the brake pump but i don't think i am gonna put the safety behind the pedal.Took me 2 hours just to remove her

https:[email protected]<script data-cfhash='f9e31' type="text/javascript">/* */</script>/30316473984/in/photostream

The floor was rust free. 

Vinigar and baking soda for the metal ashtrays. I rub them softy with a microfiber towel, i was afraid to put water sandpaper on them.
http:[email protected]<script data-cfhash='f9e31' type="text/javascript">/* */</script>/31101260016/in/photostream

The hole interior fitted in my Peugeot 106
https:[email protected]<script data-cfhash='f9e31' type="text/javascript">/* */</script>/31101252076/in/photostream

Coming Back Together

https:[email protected]/31101279196/in/photostream

When i discovered that the throttle pedal was also rusty and didn't fire up 
https:[email protected]/30330637903/in/photostream

Interior Ready 
https:[email protected]/31023287771/in/photostream

https:[email protected]/30993974742/in/photostream

https:[email protected]/31023261591/in/photostream

It say that it thas 209.000km... with the latest dashboard not the original one.. or about 129866 miles with 3 engines changed from 1967 according to the service manual.. was 850cc and now it's 1000. I hope you like it
https:[email protected]/30769603140/in/photostream

*sorry for the watermark i forgot to remove it from lightroom, also stay tuned i will upload a tutorial on how to remove the brakepump i recorded it when i was doing the job. 

Edited by xydte, 20 November 2016 - 06:30 PM.

#5 xydte

xydte

Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 141 posts

Posted 21 November 2016 - 05:32 AM

I uploaded the video on how to remove the brake pump. And i think i might start a full documentary on restoration. The next videos will be in greek with english subtitles. Because when i listened the video i thought i was like an migrant first day in England  :mmkay: . That's for now. 

Edited by xydte, 15 July 2017 - 08:32 PM.

#6 jimi

jimi

Starting My Mini Up

• Noobies
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Local Club: www.minicooper.gr

Posted 22 November 2016 - 06:11 PM

what a painfull job teo!

#7 xydte

xydte

Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 141 posts

Posted 22 November 2016 - 08:26 PM

what a painfull job teo!

Mate i haven't cursed more in my life. Took me 4 hours just to remove the safety . Next weekend after work i will remove and upload a tutorial on the Gas tank. the car needs  a lot of work.
I ordered today the mk1 front grill, the window locks and the rubber from the windshield for when it goes to the paint shop. Bought a pair of 10x5 gb wheels from a guy in Athens and a friend hooked me up with some ORIGINAL old stock lucas rear lights. Here they are. Τhe best part i have so far :D

And according to my vin mumber car is Morris A series, 2door saloon left hand drive super deluxe and was manufactured in Cowley on  1967. I was touched....

Edited by xydte, 22 November 2016 - 09:03 PM.

#8 xydte

xydte

Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 141 posts

Posted 27 November 2016 - 08:00 PM

Small updates. 
-Some chrome parts just arrived from Minispares. And printed the BIBLE (haynes manual  ;D )
-The gas tank had a hole. Made the boot like s**t. I am editing now the videos. I re-painted the hole boot just to protect it from the rust. 
-And the car must be towed to the workshop from now on :( 
Next update on February when i come back from Athens. Really dissapointed i tryed to put the brake pump back in the car but i couldn't . I don't have a garage and that's a Hell of a problem to work on my own.
Cheers guys. Until next time i will only look at the car

Attached Files

Edited by xydte, 27 November 2016 - 08:02 PM.

#9 xydte

xydte

Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 141 posts

Posted 01 December 2016 - 12:49 AM

So as long as i am not on the Island i will edit the videos on the work i do on my youtube channel. This time i was speaking greek (eng subs inside the video). I did that because in the first video my accent was like an immigrant first day in England!! O_O  (sorry for the glasses it's december 1st here in Rhodes and its like summer out!!!
I will upload  other two during this month. In the first video i repaint the car underneeth and in the other i used a steam cleaner to clean all the dust-oil leaks in the engine bay. The 2nd one is  the route we did to get the car on the workshop stay tuned!! 

Edited by xydte, 01 December 2016 - 12:58 AM.

#10 pete l

pete l

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,358 posts

Posted 02 December 2016 - 01:33 PM

Don't worry about the accent, I live in France and mine is horendous, even after 20 years. 

Keep it in english, there's nothing wrong with accents.

#11 xydte

xydte

Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 141 posts

Posted 24 December 2016 - 08:15 PM

Hello Guys and Merry Christmas from Greece.. Small problem detected. I bought a second pair of mk1 rear lights in better condition than the first set (absolutely new ) But we have a problem. As you have seen in my video my mini has Mk3 rear lights. But the body-shop who did this ******* work back in 2004 they putted the lights like this  | \ and they are not straight. So Does anyone has rear panels from mk1 like these i am posting now? If yes please send me a message. I will pay through Paypal if you want...Or can i take the panels i bought from minispares and somehow make them look straight like this? ( |  |  ) thanks here are the new Lucas.
*P.S Has anyone tryed the Fletcher Radiator?Should i get one of these? Any thoughts?
Also Check in my youtube Channel an alfa romeo GTAm with parts from Alfaholics, A bmw 2002 turbo and for this weekend i got a friends Plymouth roadrunner 1971 for tomorrow's cars and coffee in my town . Those Americans V8's are just too loud..

Attached Files

Edited by xydte, 24 December 2016 - 08:33 PM.

#12 xydte

xydte

Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 141 posts

Posted 28 December 2016 - 06:27 PM

Today was a good day: GB wheels 5 x 10 and original mk1 Grill were found  on a Friend's Garage !!!!

Attached Files

Edited by xydte, 28 December 2016 - 06:27 PM.

#13 Vinay-RS

Vinay-RS

• Members
  • 2,093 posts

Posted 28 December 2016 - 08:05 PM

Nice find on the wheels. They should look good once fitted. Sorry to hear about the stuff up with the rear light panels.

Perhaps it would be good to get new conversion panels from the UK suppliers and get the bodywork done to fix it?

#14 Vinay-RS

Vinay-RS

• Members
  • 2,093 posts

Posted 28 December 2016 - 08:09 PM

I think this is the conversion panel.

http://www.minispare...px|Back to shop

Looks like it is the shape of the mk2/3 light hole.

#15 xydte

xydte

Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 141 posts

Posted 28 December 2016 - 10:53 PM

Nice find on the wheels. They should look good once fitted. Sorry to hear about the stuff up with the rear light panels.

Perhaps it would be good to get new conversion panels from the UK suppliers and get the bodywork done to fix it?

Mate already did that. But Will the bodyshop to have a small piece of metal to weld enought to fill the gap? A straight conversion goes like the picture below. when you put the panel to my mini it goes like \ not | as it should be (the Right side only,  the left is ok as they told me from the bodyshop).

I also found a picture of a supercharged mk1 mini with 70mm Radiator which i ordered and i think i might took a BIG ONE. Photos again with the Process in february when i will be back in Rhodes. And see what work they've done to the car!!

Attached Files

Edited by xydte, 28 December 2016 - 10:55 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users