66 replies to this topic

#16 xydte

xydte

Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 141 posts

Posted 28 March 2017 - 10:36 PM

Hello to everyone I am back to Rhodes and i edited some videos that i didn't have, and the process is going on.If anyone is coming to Rhodes this summer I will be happy to show you around and of course to drive with the mini ! Also tell me if you liked the vlog. It's my first ever and i have no experience in such thing. If i have time i will upload more videos during the week!!

Edited by xydte, 28 March 2017 - 10:48 PM.

#17 giannoutsos

giannoutsos

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 58 posts

Posted 29 March 2017 - 06:50 PM

Good evening, καλησπέρα,
Good effort keep it up,
Καλη συνεχεια φιλος
Γιαννης

#18 xydte

xydte

Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 141 posts

Posted 13 April 2017 - 09:01 PM

So, i searched the entire youtube and i found out that no one has upload a tutorial on how to remove the brake pump, Pin etc. Had the videos for a long time in my computer so i made a tutorial today. It took me 2 hours just to remove the pin. Sorry for my English and the F**** words but i was really pissed off. I hope that it's helpful. Greetings from Greece.

#19 xydte

xydte

Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 141 posts

Posted 13 April 2017 - 09:03 PM

Good evening, καλησπέρα,
Good effort keep it up,
Καλη συνεχεια φιλος
Γιαννης

Thank you my Friend. Ο Γιαννης με το μκ1 που ειχαμε μιλησει viber?

#20 giannoutsos

giannoutsos

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 58 posts

Posted 15 April 2017 - 04:58 AM

Good evening, καλησπέρα,
Good effort keep it up,
Καλη συνεχεια φιλος
Γιαννης

Thank you my Friend. Ο Γιαννης με το μκ1 που ειχαμε μιλησει viber?
Όχι Τεο, happy Easter to everyone

#21 xydte

xydte

Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 141 posts

Posted 03 May 2017 - 04:28 PM

Hello to everyone. Been busy with the yacht and my rental but i found two more original parts. BMC Mk1 Grill and GB004 5 x 10. Things are getting serious :D. I will upload a video when i have time. Maybe next week. 

Attached Files

#22 xydte

xydte

Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 141 posts

Posted 13 July 2017 - 07:27 PM

Hello again. i want to make 2 question because i was stupid enough not to order some parts. I orderd the 12 to 10 conversion kit, new lockheed master cylinder but I haven't order the pins for the brakes and my question is: the 7.5 requires only the 4 pins to secure the brake pads? Or it needs the metal part that goes between the pins as i have on my current 8.4 AP disc brakes???
Also visit my youtube channel xydte we had a classic car meet in Rhodes with lot of cars and two minis were there too.

https://youtu.be/lcnHmUURU44

Attached Files

Edited by xydte, 13 July 2017 - 07:28 PM.

#23 giannoutsos

giannoutsos

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 58 posts

Posted 14 July 2017 - 12:26 AM

Τεο you don't need the metal plate to go between the pads, 7.5" brakes don't have these.
Keep it up
John

#24 xydte

xydte

Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 141 posts

Posted 14 July 2017 - 12:39 PM

Τεο you don't need the metal plate to go between the pads, 7.5" brakes don't have these.
Keep it up
John

thanks for the answer i am going to buy pins right now. Video tomorrow when i swap the brakes

#25 xydte

xydte

Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 141 posts

Posted 15 July 2017 - 08:42 PM

Gb wheels On ok it's wide enought now
https://www.flickr.c...ublic/lightbox/

Side view 12" vs 10" wheels

Original BMC Grill on. But i think that the old black looks better.

Video on my youtube Channel tomorrow  or In Monday. When i have time i will convert the brakes and i will a tutorial on 12 to 10 conversion kit

Edited by xydte, 15 July 2017 - 08:43 PM.

#26 xydte

xydte

Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 141 posts

Posted 17 July 2017 - 08:39 PM

I uploaded the video on how to remove the brake pump. And i think i might start a full documentary on restoration. The next videos will be in greek with english subtitles. Because when i listened the video i thought i was like an migrant first day in England  :mmkay: . That's for now. 

First Part was that i am Quoting with the second Part here. Third video tomorrow (maybe) of how i un-rusted the gas tank. In Greek we call it "Πλαστικοποίηση" i didn't find the english word. It's a mix of two liquids: then you shake the tank for 15-20 minutes and when this thing dry out, it makes a layer that protect the metal.

Edited by xydte, 17 July 2017 - 08:45 PM.

#27 xydte

xydte

Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 141 posts

Posted 24 July 2017 - 10:00 PM

I deleted the fuel filter underneath the car and put one on the engine bay. I adjust-ed the valves new throttle cable, oil, spark plugs and it fired on third try after 6 years. I will upload the videos maybe on weekend, i have to edit them first. I made a tutorial on the gas tank how to install it, and in the next video you gonna see the car running. :D . I will ride the car for a while as it is and then maybe in the winter we are taking the car apart for a full resto..

Edited by xydte, 24 July 2017 - 10:03 PM.

#28 xydte

xydte

Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 141 posts

Posted 02 August 2017 - 04:42 PM

In this video how to remove rust using coca cola. Not a perfect result but better than before. If your metal part is in better condotion than mine the results are really good. (old video i had lost the sd card)

Edited by xydte, 02 August 2017 - 08:40 PM.

#29 xydte

xydte

Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 141 posts

Posted 23 August 2017 - 04:31 PM

I made a tutorial on how to install the the throttle cable in the standar carburator. I broke the bolt that holds the cable in its position so next episode i will upload the startup, with the 12 to 10 conversion kit tutorial.

Edited by xydte, 23 August 2017 - 09:15 PM.

#30 xydte

xydte

Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 141 posts

Posted 11 September 2017 - 08:44 PM

Hello Again f. Now that the summer season starts to end i started working on the car a little more. It started i drove it around without brakes just with the handbrake but as i was bleeding the brakes the rear left drum was leaking. At this point i will thanks Classic MINI DIY channel because he helped me, and i figured out that the nipple, was too tide so the threads were damage.

I have spend almost 2000 euros or 1800 pounds until now And the 2 attempts i made to proper drive  the car were pointless due to 1.5 euro damage the first time (throttle level pin i put too much power and i broke it) and now the nipple of the drum.
Anyway the car started at the first try, i had the fire extinguisher with me because i wasn't sure if i am gonna see any fire after all these years sitting. The car needs a lot of work i know but due to limited time i do as much as i can alone.I also painted the rocker cover i didn't make a video because its a common fix nothing special to see. On the Next video i am gonna made a full tutorial on how to convert from 12 to 10 brake kit, and i ordered today some yokos A032 with high pressure brakes hoses and stuff like these. Video ends a little bit abruptly and its because my Nikon Died from battery

Keep your minis running and greatings From Rhodes Greece.

Edited by xydte, 11 September 2017 - 09:20 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users