Photo

Wheel, Wheel Arch And Wing Flange Bending...

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 zeemax89

zeemax89

Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 129 posts

Posted 21 December 2016 - 11:46 AM

Hi Guys,  I am at the point of mounting a set of wheel arches to my mini shell.  I dont have any suspension or subframes on the car so was in a bit of a dilemma with regards to arch and wheel combinations.

I just spoke to Force racing, as I fancy a set of 10x6 wheels.  he said they would fill a set of Group 2 standard (not wide) very nicely.  Also that if I want to lower the car I should re make the arche flange, from the a-panel seam to about 1 inch higher at the top of the arch and round to 3/4 of an inch at the leading edge.  Does this sound correct?

With regards to re bending the flange.  What is the best way?  I have heard of slotted bar being used.  Has anyone got experience in doing this? maybe a cheeky link with pictures!

Many thanks TMF'ers!!!!!   :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

#2 minifreek1

minifreek1

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,260 posts
  • Local Club: S.U.N.M.O.C

Posted 21 December 2016 - 12:36 PM

A slotted bar is what I used when I fitted the Sportspack arches to my Mini...

Dead easy to make, all you need is a piece of steel bar or an old bolt about 6" long and cut a 10mm slot into it with a hacksaw.

Start at whichever end you wish, but bend the flange a bit at a time, don't try to bend it all at once as you'll distort the panel...

#3 slidehammer

slidehammer

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,081 posts
  • Local Club: LSMOC

Posted 21 December 2016 - 01:17 PM

In one of the episodes of Project Binky on you tube (Monster Mini on here) they show them doing exactly this technique, to get clearance

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users