7 replies to this topic

#1 Lt-SilverDragon

Lt-SilverDragon

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 724 posts

Posted 01 January 2017 - 03:01 PM

My new mini had those utter crap rubber arches fitted and I want to replace them, unless anyone knows of arches that will cover the holes made it looks like I'm gonna have to replace them with just better quality sportspack arches. So who does the best quality? Looked at arc angels and abs motorsport (abs have a deluxe set at 85 and a premium set at 105, what's the difference?)

Also does anyone sell exposed weave carbon sportspack arches? Can't seem to find any.

I know it's kind of hit or miss with fiberglass items, I've had a fiberglass front end off abs and it looks good but not fitted yet so not sure.

Also if anyone knows if any of these places do discounts or out that would be brill as looking to buy a mk1 bonnet and bumpers in near future too.

LRrJ4ikm.jpg

Pic because why the hell not :P

#2 Midas Mk1

Midas Mk1

Crazy About Mini's

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,626 posts
  • Local Club: S.U.N.M.C

Posted 01 January 2017 - 04:58 PM

Best quality are genuine ones imo

#3 Steve220

Steve220

Up Into Fourth

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,877 posts
  • Local Club: RAF Mini Club

Posted 02 January 2017 - 06:54 AM

Best quality are genuine ones imo

This.

#4 Lt-SilverDragon

Lt-SilverDragon

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 724 posts

Posted 02 January 2017 - 12:30 PM

But they're also 400 notes, nay chance I'm paying that for arches I hate the look of. Would rather get miglia or mexico arches and spend the money getting the holes filled and painted. Which I'm actually considering doing as I'm really not a fan of sportspack arches.

#5 jamesmpi

jamesmpi

Camshaft & Stage Two Head

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,940 posts
  • Local Club: Abingdon Mini Owners Club

Posted 07 January 2017 - 07:08 PM

But they're also 400 notes, nay chance I'm paying that for arches I hate the look of. Would rather get miglia or mexico arches and spend the money getting the holes filled and painted. Which I'm actually considering doing as I'm really not a fan of sportspack arches.

You can pick up used sets of genuine arches on eBay etc for about £100 but you run the risk of them being slightly damaged so which will need factoring in on top of any paint costs

#6 Lt-SilverDragon

Lt-SilverDragon

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 724 posts

Posted 08 January 2017 - 09:32 PM

Ordered curley carbon miglia arches instead, will just repair the holes in the bodywork caused by the sportspack arches.

#7 jamesmpi

jamesmpi

Camshaft & Stage Two Head

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,940 posts
  • Local Club: Abingdon Mini Owners Club

Posted 12 January 2017 - 02:28 PM

Ordered curley carbon miglia arches instead, will just repair the holes in the bodywork caused by the sportspack arches.

I have the same issues on my mpi. The previous owner fitted cheap rubber sportspack arches but I'm running 10" wheels so look daft. I'm going to remove them and fill the hole temporarily with grommets as I can't afford to weld them up and repaint

#8 Lt-SilverDragon

Lt-SilverDragon

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 724 posts

Posted 12 January 2017 - 07:17 PM

They're awful, even geniune sportspack arches look terrible imo. Well that's a bit harsh, if they had been decent quality ones and not rubber ones I would have been happy keeping them but. What's annoying is that I bought 13x7 mambas to replace the starmags that came with this mini and now I've decided to get rid of the sportspack arches completely and sort the bodywork I wish I never got the mambas because I would have got 12X6 wheels or converted down to 10s.

Oh well on the bright side the mambas do look pretty sweet.

15823157_10154898435077495_4464211629282

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users