Photo

Mpi Running Rough No Power Mystery!

Best Answer thelittlecarcompany , 13 January 2017 - 12:24 PM

Well after a lot of struggling it's finally off! It had very nearly destroyed the crank but after careful rebuild the mystery is solved it now runs perfect. Thanks for all your help guys :) Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
37 replies to this topic

#31 Shifty

Shifty

Sponsored by Fosters (tm)

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,128 posts
  • Name: Sean
  • Local Club: TMF

Posted 10 January 2017 - 11:12 PM

Guessworks will sell you one of his mega flywheel pullers

#32 thelittlecarcompany

thelittlecarcompany

Passed Test

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 11 January 2017 - 02:49 AM

Thanks mini hobby mini, may well need one as at this rate i will be destroying anything possible in order to save the crank! Don't suppose you live just down the road from me do you? Haha if only! This little bugger has caused me a nightmare. I miss my 850 traveller :(

#33 thelittlecarcompany

thelittlecarcompany

Passed Test

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 11 January 2017 - 02:51 AM

If it comes to it then that's a good shout as mine feels like it's about to crack!

#34 genpop

genpop

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 472 posts

Posted 11 January 2017 - 08:04 AM

"Any tricks apart from the usual heat pressure and bashing?"

If you replace the flywheel in any case, you may drill one or two holes directly near by the crankshaft into the flywheel.This will take away the tension (pressure) on the seat and you will be able to pull it off.

#35 Archived2

Archived2

One Carb Or Two?

• Archived
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,093 posts

Posted 11 January 2017 - 02:19 PM

"Any tricks apart from the usual heat pressure and bashing?"

If you replace the flywheel in any case, you may drill one or two holes directly near by the crankshaft into the flywheel.This will take away the tension (pressure) on the seat and you will be able to pull it off.

This ^^

Just be careful of that crank.

As shifty said... guessworks sell a very strong flywheel puller that does a great job!

#36 thelittlecarcompany

thelittlecarcompany

Passed Test

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 13 January 2017 - 12:24 PM   Best Answer

Well after a lot of struggling it's finally off! It had very nearly destroyed the crank but after careful rebuild the mystery is solved it now runs perfect. Thanks for all your help guys :)

#37 Archived2

Archived2

One Carb Or Two?

• Archived
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,093 posts

Posted 13 January 2017 - 02:41 PM

Glad to help

#38 Sprocket

Sprocket

Great on Injection faults

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,266 posts
  • Local Club: Manchester Minis

Posted 19 January 2017 - 10:51 PM

Found it!! The ring on the flywheel has slipped by about 15 degrees. Will pull it apart and reset it. Am I correct in thinking the 2 gaps should be tdc and bdc? Thanks for your advice guys soo appreciated!!!!

The MPi crank sensor has four gaps. The SPi flywheel had the two gaps at TDC and BDC. What do you have? and MPi or and Spi car, and what flywheel is fitted, MPi (four gaps) or SPi (two gaps)?

If you use the wrong clutch this can move the position of these gaps in relation to TDC and bad things happen.

http://www.minimania...tch_Information

Also consider looking at the fuel pump. I've seen the fuel pump allow the car to idle normally but cough splutter, miss fire and backfire when you tried to drive it anything more than like your Granny would.

Edited by Sprocket, 19 January 2017 - 11:00 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users