#226 HUBBA.HUBBA

HUBBA.HUBBA

Up Into Fourth

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,823 posts
  • Local Club: Loan wolf

Posted 11 November 2017 - 06:32 PM

enjoyed reading that from start to end - making a great job and look forward to the updates.

I have a 1986 AMC Cub that I restored a few years back, my fuel tank was same as yours inside (corrosion) but given mine is 31 year old I expected it !! Also my sender was mounted on the side not the top and is from a Van..

Charles Anderson obviously did a few updates to the chassis as quite a few differances to mine, if you have not sorted your handbrake out I can share how mine is, the exhaust on mine is standard Mini but I had to put an extention piece in due to the wheel base (about 4" from memory)

Anyways - i'll keep an eye on this...

Cheers, the hand brake is all done. think cubs 'evolved' over the years. haven't gotta exhaust on yet ( gotta get the engine in ) so we'll soon see. would be good to see pic's of yours. I always enjoy seeing pic's

Edited by HUBBA.HUBBA, 11 November 2017 - 06:33 PM.

#227 HUBBA.HUBBA

HUBBA.HUBBA

Up Into Fourth

• TMF+ Member
  • 2,823 posts

Posted 22 November 2017 - 08:38 PM

Pheww. Drilled, tapped, all done. Fits like a glove. Thanks for the advice on the sizes.
Attached File  20171122_203434.jpg   59.59K   9 downloadsAttached File  20171122_203451.jpg   42.28K   5 downloads

Edited by HUBBA.HUBBA, 22 November 2017 - 08:38 PM.

#228 Drake

Drake

Just On Tickover

• Noobies
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 25 November 2017 - 06:00 PM

enjoyed reading that from start to end - making a great job and look forward to the updates.

I have a 1986 AMC Cub that I restored a few years back, my fuel tank was same as yours inside (corrosion) but given mine is 31 year old I expected it !! Also my sender was mounted on the side not the top and is from a Van..

Charles Anderson obviously did a few updates to the chassis as quite a few differances to mine, if you have not sorted your handbrake out I can share how mine is, the exhaust on mine is standard Mini but I had to put an extention piece in due to the wheel base (about 4" from memory)

Anyways - i'll keep an eye on this...

Cheers, the hand brake is all done. think cubs 'evolved' over the years. haven't gotta exhaust on yet ( gotta get the engine in ) so we'll soon see. would be good to see pic's of yours. I always enjoy seeing pic's

Yeah Cubs had some minor changes but the basic design has stayed the same. This is a picture of mine>> Happy to show more of the build pics in a separate thread if interest. It was loaded up elsewhere but photobucket messed the pics up.

26862736989_86e4d59c4a_z.jpg

Edited by Drake, 25 November 2017 - 06:01 PM.

#229 HUBBA.HUBBA

HUBBA.HUBBA

Up Into Fourth

• TMF+ Member
  • 2,823 posts

Posted 25 November 2017 - 09:21 PM

enjoyed reading that from start to end - making a great job and look forward to the updates.I have a 1986 AMC Cub that I restored a few years back, my fuel tank was same as yours inside (corrosion) but given mine is 31 year old I expected it !! Also my sender was mounted on the side not the top and is from a Van..Charles Anderson obviously did a few updates to the chassis as quite a few differances to mine, if you have not sorted your handbrake out I can share how mine is, the exhaust on mine is standard Mini but I had to put an extention piece in due to the wheel base (about 4" from memory) Anyways - i'll keep an eye on this...

Yeah Cubs had some minor changes but the basic design has stayed the same. This is a picture of mine>> Happy to show more of the build pics in a separate thread if interest. It was loaded up elsewhere but photobucket messed the pics up. 26862736989_86e4d59c4a_z.jpg
Have seen the pics on the moke forum. if I remember did yours started out orange Learnt a lot from your pics, did you put a lot of effort into the wind screen supports . Will definitely do the side access panels like you did.

Edited by HUBBA.HUBBA, 25 November 2017 - 09:23 PM.

#230 Drake

Drake

Just On Tickover

• Noobies
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 26 November 2017 - 12:40 PM

Yeah, that's the one. The screen supports needed some minor changes but nothing serious. Pretty close to the original moke. If you need any assistance with owt ill gladly try to help.

#231 HUBBA.HUBBA

HUBBA.HUBBA

Up Into Fourth

• TMF+ Member
  • 2,823 posts

Posted 18 December 2017 - 08:40 PM

Well, on Friday I broke my ankle in 3 places slipping on the ice. Not the least painful thing I have ever done. And a bummer considering I'm selfemployed. On the flip side, at least I'll have more time to work on the bad boy
Attached File  20171215_115645.jpg   28.59K   0 downloads

#232 panky

panky

Camshaft & Stage Two Head

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,776 posts
  • Local Club: Northwest Casual Classics

Posted 18 December 2017 - 09:00 PM

Ouch!!!!

Bad luck

#233 Northernpower

Northernpower

Mr. 7-Port

• Members
  • 2,409 posts
  • Name: Graham
  • Local Club: Its out there somewhere

Posted 18 December 2017 - 10:22 PM

Bad luck, been there done that when skiing.

#234 Archived2

Archived2

One Carb Or Two?

• Archived
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,093 posts

Posted 23 March 2018 - 09:11 PM

You fixed yet? Need to see some more ingenuity from your build

#235 HUBBA.HUBBA

HUBBA.HUBBA

Up Into Fourth

• TMF+ Member
  • 2,823 posts

Posted 24 March 2018 - 09:18 AM

Hobbling about. Went to the NEC yesterday so if that does put a rocket up my arse nothing will. Need to get stuff done on the car before I go back to work.

Edited by HUBBA.HUBBA, 24 March 2018 - 09:50 PM.

#236 HUBBA.HUBBA

HUBBA.HUBBA

Up Into Fourth

• TMF+ Member
  • 2,823 posts

Posted 22 April 2018 - 05:51 PM

Nearly finishing the engine build but come up with a problem with the timing chain. Got vernier duplex set up but the chain fouls the to screws that bolt to the bearing cap. I'm using the counter sunk ones but they still catch. Any ideas? Do you have to drill out the timing plate a bit?

Attached File  20180422_180721.jpg   36.76K   0 downloadsAttached File  20180422_180728.jpg   41.4K   0 downloadsAttached File  20180422_180841_resized.jpg   74.27K   0 downloads

Attached Files

Edited by HUBBA.HUBBA, 22 April 2018 - 06:14 PM.

#237 alex-95

alex-95

I am THE CLAMP MAKER

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,017 posts

Posted 22 April 2018 - 06:25 PM

Yep you've got to countersink the holes more

#238 HUBBA.HUBBA

HUBBA.HUBBA

Up Into Fourth

• TMF+ Member
  • 2,823 posts

Posted 22 April 2018 - 06:38 PM

Should be able to cope with that cheers.

#239 HUBBA.HUBBA

HUBBA.HUBBA

Up Into Fourth

• TMF+ Member
  • 2,823 posts

Posted 22 April 2018 - 06:40 PM

Also with the cam retaining plate on, I'm getting a bit of lateral movement with the cam. How much float should there be?

Edited by HUBBA.HUBBA, 22 April 2018 - 06:41 PM.

#240 nicklouse

nicklouse

Moved Into The Garage

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,935 posts
  • Local Club: Anonyme Miniholiker

Posted 22 April 2018 - 06:59 PM

lateral? that would be impossible. longitudinal as in along the cam there should be some and is given at the start of the engine section of Your Haynes  3 - 7 thou.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users