#226 HUBBA.HUBBA

HUBBA.HUBBA

Up Into Fourth

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,002 posts
  • Local Club: Loan wolf

Posted 11 November 2017 - 06:32 PM

enjoyed reading that from start to end - making a great job and look forward to the updates.

I have a 1986 AMC Cub that I restored a few years back, my fuel tank was same as yours inside (corrosion) but given mine is 31 year old I expected it !! Also my sender was mounted on the side not the top and is from a Van..

Charles Anderson obviously did a few updates to the chassis as quite a few differances to mine, if you have not sorted your handbrake out I can share how mine is, the exhaust on mine is standard Mini but I had to put an extention piece in due to the wheel base (about 4" from memory)

Anyways - i'll keep an eye on this...

Cheers, the hand brake is all done. think cubs 'evolved' over the years. haven't gotta exhaust on yet ( gotta get the engine in ) so we'll soon see. would be good to see pic's of yours. I always enjoy seeing pic's

Edited by HUBBA.HUBBA, 11 November 2017 - 06:33 PM.

#227 HUBBA.HUBBA

HUBBA.HUBBA

Up Into Fourth

• TMF+ Member
  • 2,002 posts

Posted 22 November 2017 - 08:38 PM

Pheww. Drilled, tapped, all done. Fits like a glove. Thanks for the advice on the sizes.
Attached File  20171122_203434.jpg   59.59K   4 downloadsAttached File  20171122_203451.jpg   42.28K   3 downloads

Edited by HUBBA.HUBBA, 22 November 2017 - 08:38 PM.

#228 Drake

Drake

Just On Tickover

• Noobies
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 25 November 2017 - 06:00 PM

enjoyed reading that from start to end - making a great job and look forward to the updates.

I have a 1986 AMC Cub that I restored a few years back, my fuel tank was same as yours inside (corrosion) but given mine is 31 year old I expected it !! Also my sender was mounted on the side not the top and is from a Van..

Charles Anderson obviously did a few updates to the chassis as quite a few differances to mine, if you have not sorted your handbrake out I can share how mine is, the exhaust on mine is standard Mini but I had to put an extention piece in due to the wheel base (about 4" from memory)

Anyways - i'll keep an eye on this...

Cheers, the hand brake is all done. think cubs 'evolved' over the years. haven't gotta exhaust on yet ( gotta get the engine in ) so we'll soon see. would be good to see pic's of yours. I always enjoy seeing pic's

Yeah Cubs had some minor changes but the basic design has stayed the same. This is a picture of mine>> Happy to show more of the build pics in a separate thread if interest. It was loaded up elsewhere but photobucket messed the pics up.

26862736989_86e4d59c4a_z.jpg

Edited by Drake, 25 November 2017 - 06:01 PM.

#229 HUBBA.HUBBA

HUBBA.HUBBA

Up Into Fourth

• TMF+ Member
  • 2,002 posts

Posted 25 November 2017 - 09:21 PM

enjoyed reading that from start to end - making a great job and look forward to the updates.I have a 1986 AMC Cub that I restored a few years back, my fuel tank was same as yours inside (corrosion) but given mine is 31 year old I expected it !! Also my sender was mounted on the side not the top and is from a Van..Charles Anderson obviously did a few updates to the chassis as quite a few differances to mine, if you have not sorted your handbrake out I can share how mine is, the exhaust on mine is standard Mini but I had to put an extention piece in due to the wheel base (about 4" from memory) Anyways - i'll keep an eye on this...

Yeah Cubs had some minor changes but the basic design has stayed the same. This is a picture of mine>> Happy to show more of the build pics in a separate thread if interest. It was loaded up elsewhere but photobucket messed the pics up. 26862736989_86e4d59c4a_z.jpg
Have seen the pics on the moke forum. if I remember did yours started out orange Learnt a lot from your pics, did you put a lot of effort into the wind screen supports . Will definitely do the side access panels like you did.

Edited by HUBBA.HUBBA, 25 November 2017 - 09:23 PM.

#230 Drake

Drake

Just On Tickover

• Noobies
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 26 November 2017 - 12:40 PM

Yeah, that's the one. The screen supports needed some minor changes but nothing serious. Pretty close to the original moke. If you need any assistance with owt ill gladly try to help.

#231 HUBBA.HUBBA

HUBBA.HUBBA

Up Into Fourth

• TMF+ Member
  • 2,002 posts

Posted 18 December 2017 - 08:40 PM

Well, on Friday I broke my ankle in 3 places slipping on the ice. Not the least painful thing I have ever done. And a bummer considering I'm selfemployed. On the flip side, at least I'll have more time to work on the bad boy
Attached File  20171215_115645.jpg   28.59K   0 downloads

#232 panky

panky

One Carb Or Two?

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 993 posts
  • Local Club: Northwest Casual Classics

Posted 18 December 2017 - 09:00 PM

Ouch!!!!

Bad luck

#233 Northernpower

Northernpower

Mr. 7-Port

• TMF Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,951 posts
  • Name: Graham
  • Local Club: Its out there somewhere

Posted 18 December 2017 - 10:22 PM

Bad luck, been there done that when skiing.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Mini Spares