HUBBA.HUBBA

Up Into Fourth

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,823 posts
  • Local Club: Loan wolf

Posted 11 January 2019 - 09:23 AM

That's set for some serious fording!

Assume you'll be adding a snorkel for the driver - or maybe a conning tower  :ph34r:

Like this ?

Hubba - LOVE the AMC mate, looks ACE

WOW

#587 HUBBA.HUBBA

HUBBA.HUBBA

Up Into Fourth

• TMF+ Member
  • 2,823 posts

Posted 11 January 2019 - 09:36 AM

Been watching this with interest from the start. What do you think now its more or less finished bar the little niggles? Mines in bits again as the engine and gearbox is getting some fettling cant wait to get it back together again and use it. Where abouts in the country are you?

To be honest as I got the MOT at the end of summer I haven't had much opportunity to really use it (mainly test laps round the block) I'm just focusing on 2 things now before the weather gets better - Adjustable hydraulic suspension and a bikini roof. On the road it drives 'interestingly' with the the fat knobbly tyres and masses of power. Will need to get it on the RR at Vmax for Stuart to mess about with the fueling. May have to get some road wheels and tyres for that. My long term plan is to have something that I could do a track day too!( would love to see the looks on peoples faces as they get over taken by something that shouldn't be overtaking them). I do love it though, I wanted a more open sided convertible and this fitted the bill. I'm in North Birmingham            

Edited by HUBBA.HUBBA, 11 January 2019 - 04:24 PM.

#588 nicklouse

nicklouse

Moved Into The Garage

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,945 posts
  • Local Club: Anonyme Miniholiker

Posted 11 January 2019 - 09:38 AM

Been watching this with interest from the start. What do you think now its more or less finished bar the little niggles? Mines in bits again as the engine and gearbox is getting some fettling cant wait to get it back together again and use it. Where abouts in the country are you?

to be honest as I got the MOT at the end of summer I haven't had much opportunity to really use it (mainly test laps round the block) I'm just focusing on 2 things now before the weather gets better - Adjustable hydraulic suspension and a bikini roof. On the road it drives 'interestingly' with the the fat knobbly tyres and masses of power. Will need to get it on the RR at Vmax for Stuart to mess about with the fueling. May have to get so road wheels and tyres for that. My long term plan is to have something that I could go a track day too!( would love to see the looks on peoples faces as they get over taken by something that shouldn't be overtaking them). I'm in North Birmingham            

You could get some 15" rims with slicks for the track days

#589 HUBBA.HUBBA

HUBBA.HUBBA

Up Into Fourth

• TMF+ Member
  • 2,823 posts

Posted 11 January 2019 - 04:26 PM

to be honest as I got the MOT at the end of summer I haven't had much opportunity to really use it (mainly test laps round the block) I'm just focusing on 2 things now before the weather gets better - Adjustable hydraulic suspension and a bikini roof. On the road it drives 'interestingly' with the the fat knobbly tyres and masses of power. Will need to get it on the RR at Vmax for Stuart to mess about with the fueling. May have to get so road wheels and tyres for that. My long term plan is to have something that I could go a track day too!( would love to see the looks on peoples faces as they get over taken by something that shouldn't be overtaking them). I'm in North Birmingham            

You could get some 15" rims with slicks for the track days

Could do. I did get a 3.7 : 1 diff on it. (or 3.9, can't remember now)

#590 Spider

Spider

Moved Into The Garage

• Admin
  • 13,935 posts
  • Local Club: South Australian Moke Club

Posted 31 January 2019 - 10:08 PM

I am really impressed with the job you've done here Hubba, really looks the part.

lxkKVuO.jpg

Was only chatting with a mate about your AMC this morning.

You now need to take it somewhere to test it for real, maybe bring it to Australia and we could do some 'back to back' testing O_O

I am in touch with the owners of the Cattle Station were the Late Sir Donald did his Bluebird runs (or tried to) as this was the same Station where Leyland tested the Big Wheel Moke while developing that.

DnTgmIh.jpg

#591 HUBBA.HUBBA

HUBBA.HUBBA

Up Into Fourth

• TMF+ Member
  • 2,823 posts

Posted 10 February 2019 - 06:26 PM

Haven't posted much up recently. Suppose build projects flow a bit like that. Been working on the hydraulic lift suspension so axle stand on each corner and wheels off. Also half the rear end out.
Attached File  20190210_162350_resized.jpg   53.17K   2 downloads

Edited by HUBBA.HUBBA, 10 February 2019 - 06:27 PM.

#592 HUBBA.HUBBA

HUBBA.HUBBA

Up Into Fourth

• TMF+ Member
  • 2,823 posts

Posted 10 February 2019 - 06:42 PM

Putting the compressor and manifold behind the drivers seat.Attached File  20190210_151606_resized.jpg   38.97K   0 downloads

200+ amp 0 gauge cable required for the hydraulics.
Attached File  20190210_151930_resized.jpg   32.64K   0 downloads

The side wing cavity is perfect to hold the extra batteries. Still got space for an other if needed.
Attached File  20190210_151601_resized.jpg   39.67K   0 downloads

Wanted the controller to be very simple, so just front and rear, up and down. Also wanted to use it remotely, so I have made a mounting bracket abit like a CB mic holder and attached a curly cord that stretches upto 2 metres so I can see how high it is when raising.
Attached File  20190128_131014_resized.jpg   65.04K   1 downloadsAttached File  20190128_131004_resized.jpg   30.91K   2 downloadsAttached File  20190128_130942_resized.jpg   27.63K   3 downloads

Here's the first attempt. Spot the mistake!Attached File  20190128_130917_resized.jpg   24.84K   2 downloads
Making the batteries clamp out of a single piece of angle. Due to the masses of ampage running through the parallel batteries have decided to wrap it rubber.Attached File  20190210_152132_resized.jpg   40.33K   1 downloads

Edited by HUBBA.HUBBA, 10 February 2019 - 06:51 PM.

#593 Mini Manannán

Mini Manannán

Well I'll be buggered if I can find it

• Members
  • 2,825 posts
  • Local Club: man Estate

Posted 12 February 2019 - 11:05 AM

Just read the whole thread through this morning.  Absolutely brilliant job Bubba, love it!

#594 HUBBA.HUBBA

HUBBA.HUBBA

Up Into Fourth

• TMF+ Member
  • 2,823 posts

Posted 12 February 2019 - 02:57 PM

Just read the whole thread through this morning.  Absolutely brilliant job Bubba, love it!

Blimy, you must have had a spare couple of hrs! I love the name Bubba. If i had a son I would name him Bubba Hubbard!

#595 nicklouse

nicklouse

Moved Into The Garage

• TMF+ Member
  • 17,945 posts
  • Local Club: Anonyme Miniholiker

Posted 12 February 2019 - 03:07 PM

Here's the first attempt. Spot the mistake!

Gravity.

#596 HUBBA.HUBBA

HUBBA.HUBBA

Up Into Fourth

• TMF+ Member
  • 2,823 posts

Posted 12 February 2019 - 04:04 PM

Here's the first attempt. Spot the mistake!

Gravity.

yep, as nice as it is to have a little snowman

#597 Spider

Spider

Moved Into The Garage

• Admin
  • 13,935 posts

Posted 12 February 2019 - 05:50 PM

I'm quite looking forward to this part of your build.

Why do you need all the Gel (?) batteries? Will the ordinary battery in the Desert Machine not provide enough current or you just wanting a 'second' battery to run this system?

I like the 'remote' hand controller :proud:

#598 HUBBA.HUBBA

HUBBA.HUBBA

Up Into Fourth

• TMF+ Member
  • 2,823 posts

Posted 12 February 2019 - 06:06 PM

I'm quite looking forward to this part of your build.

Why do you need all the Gel (?) batteries? Will the ordinary battery in the Desert Machine not provide enough current or you just wanting a 'second' battery to run this system?

I like the 'remote' hand controller :proud:

The compressor needs up to 150 amps. I may need another battery yet, but I am going to wait till it runs first and decided if its too slow with 120amps (3 x 40amps). Due to the mini suspension geometry, massive forces are required at each corner to raise it up. The old Hydraulic suspension on the cars of the Westside (inn't) LA gangsa rapper vids would have needed the boot full of batteries.

yeah, yeah cummon

Attached File  low rider batteries.JPG   99.01K   0 downloads

Edited by HUBBA.HUBBA, 12 February 2019 - 06:21 PM.

#599 Spider

Spider

Moved Into The Garage

• Admin
  • 13,935 posts

Posted 12 February 2019 - 06:56 PM

Ah, OK, got it !!

High Speed Hydraulics !

As I (think) it's only short term, you'll likely be fine with the batteries you have.

#600 HUBBA.HUBBA

HUBBA.HUBBA

Up Into Fourth

• TMF+ Member
  • 2,823 posts

Posted 18 February 2019 - 10:15 PM

Drew up a wiring diagram the other week for the controller.

Attached File  20190218_210700_resized.jpg   60.22K   1 downloads

Started on the wiring in control box I am making.
Attached File  20190218_210616_resized.jpg   63.89K   1 downloadsAttached File  20190218_210641_resized.jpg   59.14K   1 downloads

These ferrules and clamping tool are superb for nice clean cable terminals. Only £16.99 off Amazon for both and it's really good quality.
Attached File  20190218_202519_resized.jpg   44.61K   0 downloadsAttached File  20190218_202555_resized.jpg   25.27K   1 downloadsAttached File  20190218_202635_resized.jpg   45.25K   1 downloads

Made a plate to hold 4 Lucas style grommets for the hydro hoses to pass through the rear of the body. Looks a bit like a twin Weber filter holder.
Attached File  20190218_175217_resized.jpg   22.41K   1 downloads

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users