19 replies to this topic

#16 Black.Ghost

Black.Ghost

Formerly known as TneMini.

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,567 posts

Posted 23 January 2017 - 12:00 PM

It's a nice watch. I think the 'it's been done before' applies to almost anything these days. In 5 years time and we will all look back and think why didn't I get in on whatever, but there will be another craze along that makes money!

However, people like watches and will be more than happy to have a whole collection. So something like what you are offering is different and unique. You may not be planning on quitting your job just yet, but everyone starts somewhere and you never know where it might take you.

#17 Carlos W

Carlos W

Mine is purple, but I have been told that's normal

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,110 posts

Posted 23 January 2017 - 12:10 PM

I love the clean look of the background you're photographing on, but as others have said, your photos are too dark.

Be Brave, turn the dial to M

Then if you want images with shallow depth of field choose the lowest F number possible, then adjust your shutter speed so that the light meter is in the middle, if the image is a little dark just compensate a bit.

Where were you looking at in terms of point of focus in image 2?

#18 GraemeC

GraemeC

Crazy About Mini's

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,302 posts

Posted 23 January 2017 - 01:45 PM

I'm going to be honest and say I don't like the current trend of long webpages that you need to scroll down to read, especially if (like yours) there is nothing on the opening view that indicates there is more content off the bottom of the screen (other than a scroll bar).  

I guess it is driven by tablets and touch screen where scrolling is a little more intuitive, but on a PC screen especially, when the website opens up I think it is broken as there is little to see or click on.  

This doesn't inspire me to look further:

Attached File  Website.png   136.28K   5 downloads

Edited by GraemeC, 23 January 2017 - 01:46 PM.

#19 LukeH

LukeH

One Carb Or Two?

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,004 posts

Posted 23 January 2017 - 07:13 PM

@Black.Ghost - thanks for the encouragement. I will see where this takes me and try to have fun learning along the way.

@Carlos W - I would be brave but it's my wife's camera and I'm a little afraid of stuffing it up :-) to be honest photography has never interested me until I needed to shoot the product photos. Thanks for the tips. I better get practicing. The focus was on the clasp to show the engraving. I intentionally wanted the movement out of focus slightly. Perhaps a mistake?!

@GraemeC - I take your point on board and you are correct that's its focus is for mobile/tablet.i forget the exact number but it's something like 70-80℅ browsing is done on mobile devices so the website and current trend focuses on optimising for them. You have a valid point though, the header could be more enticing.

Thanks all for the continued support and feedback.

Luke

Edited by LukeH, 23 January 2017 - 07:17 PM.

#20 neal

neal

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 318 posts

Posted 17 April 2017 - 10:37 PM

Looks nice, nice product but need to see the watch properly.

Luckily for me I have one of these watches and I wish to congratulate Luke for his hard work making it.

Every thing about it just screams quality:

The stainless steel watch body is beautifully made, delicate but sturdy and highly polished, the face is clear, crisp with excellent movement and the hands are also hand crafted.

I wanted my watch to celebrate my restoration project and asked Luke if it would be possible to engrave the back of the watch and the clasp and it's first class!

On the back, the limited edition number is present engraved into brass inlayed into the watch back, I have 02/79.

I wanted a black leather strap (various colours are available) and was surprised that highly polished  stainless locking clasp is integrated with the leather strap (Luke can you put some photos up to explain this as seeing is believing and my explanation doesn't do it justice) Luke also supplied me with a spare battery and a  standard clasp as well but I prefer the clasp/ leather strap combination as this feels more secure, it stops the strap from wearing out and really adds that quality feel and look.

I've worn it many times and it befits casual and formal occasions, it's not over the top but an understated classy piece of engineering and has been commented by all, some of which collect watches as a hobby and they all love it.

Luke's professionalism is first class and his customer service is second to none, don't get me wrong you can buy a real nice watch from a shop, but the personal service of a bespoke hand crafted limited edition watch is something else.

Many thanks

Neal

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users