21 replies to this topic

#16 paulrockliffe

paulrockliffe

Camshaft & Stage Two Head

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,763 posts

Posted 23 January 2017 - 01:12 PM

I bodge repaired my rough, uneven and crappy concrete workshop floor when I knocked an internal wall out into a garage, the garage didn't have any floor at all, bare earth, so I was left with a step to fill.  All of the realistic options involved removing a huge amount of concrete and replacing it again, which I didn't have the time or money for, so i over-boarded it all with chipboard dot and dabbed with concrete.  

Anyway, over the chipboard i used vinyl flooring, I picked up a load of decent sized end of rolls and laid them darkest to lightest across the space for the cost of a tank of petrol.  It's great stuff to work on hasn't marked at all from the mini and oil drips just wipe up.  A good option if you can't afford porcelain tiles!

#17 Haynes

Haynes

Speeding Along Now

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 485 posts

Posted 23 January 2017 - 01:13 PM

I used some self levelling type stuff from F BALL - 'Stopgap 300' to get a nice smooth finish, then International water based floor paint has adhered very well.  I found that water based floor paint just rubbed off the original dusty concrete.

You could probably use a cheaper self levelling compound from Wickes but the Stopgap is supposed to be stronger.

#18 maccers

maccers

• Members
  • 1,829 posts
  • Local Club: LSMOC

Posted 23 January 2017 - 02:40 PM

I might just get an outdoor car cover, seeing as dust will come from the floor and walls too. My indoor cotton car cover just lets all the dust right through it. 

#19 ozz1

ozz1

Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 141 posts

Posted 23 January 2017 - 03:11 PM

Use a purpose designed mortar stabilizer...

https://www.powertoo...CFRa3Gwod9NQISQ

#20 maccers

maccers

• Members
  • 1,829 posts
  • Local Club: LSMOC

Posted 23 January 2017 - 03:12 PM

For walls and floor?

#21 ozz1

ozz1

Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 141 posts

Posted 23 January 2017 - 03:31 PM

For walls and floor?

Yes.

I can't comment on its durability, I've only used it prior to painting a liquid damp course to stop the brush clogging up.

I would stabilize and paint the floor for durability and just stabilize the walls.

#22 Orange-Phantom

Orange-Phantom

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 614 posts

Posted 23 January 2017 - 06:50 PM

I painted my garage floor with Remmers BS3000SG Epoyx based paint after priming the floor with their BS2000 Clear.  Not the cheapest way to go, but wholly heck what a difference!  Plus you get to pick what colour you want.  :-)

https://buyfloorpain...er.mvc/Detail/1

http://www.remmers.c...5c6#category-45

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users