38 replies to this topic

#16 se7enmvu

se7enmvu

Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 116 posts

Posted 10 February 2017 - 06:32 PM

I'd say the shell definitely hasn't been dipped but they have given it a good thick coat of primer. It also looks like they have sprayed inside the box sections.

After its been for paint every box section is going to be sprayed by waxoil or something better I need to do some research.

#17 bhay

bhay

Starting My Mini Up

• Noobies
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 11 February 2017 - 12:53 AM

this is good journey.. watching this.. I hope this project very success

I am planning to rebuild too. but still confuse which mini should build? any idea would be helpfull

#18 se7enmvu

se7enmvu

Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 116 posts

Posted 05 March 2017 - 01:43 PM

Here are some pictures of the minis new sprayjob.

Very pleased withit just the arches left to paint.

Attached Files

#19 Northernpower

Northernpower

Mr. 7-Port

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,409 posts
  • Name: Graham
  • Local Club: Its out there somewhere

Posted 05 March 2017 - 01:51 PM

Love the colour, what is it?

#20 se7enmvu

se7enmvu

Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 116 posts

Posted 05 March 2017 - 07:16 PM

Its gone back to its original Rover Volcano orange, heres a pic from when I first bought it in 2004.

IMG_0353.jpg

and yesterday

20170304_102117_zps1s0x06qh.jpg

#21 se7enmvu

se7enmvu

Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 116 posts

Posted 05 March 2017 - 07:18 PM

20170304_101859_zpsmvghfh1p.jpg

#22 Northernpower

Northernpower

Mr. 7-Port

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,409 posts
  • Name: Graham
  • Local Club: Its out there somewhere

Posted 05 March 2017 - 07:35 PM

I thought it was, I love that colour, especially with your white roof. I'm looking forward to seeing you assemble it.

#23 se7enmvu

se7enmvu

Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 116 posts

Posted 05 March 2017 - 11:17 PM

Could anyone recommend a cavity wax i'm thinking of ordering some Bilt Hamber dynax s50 has anyone used it?

I'm also looking for a set of new shocks originally it had non-adjustable konis but I cant seem to find them anywhere does anyone know an equivalent?

#24 Alice Dooper

Alice Dooper

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 391 posts
  • Local Club: Minis in Northern Ireland

Posted 06 March 2017 - 12:24 AM

Could anyone recommend a cavity wax i'm thinking of ordering some Bilt Hamber dynax s50 has anyone used it?

I'm also looking for a set of new shocks originally it had non-adjustable konis but I cant seem to find them anywhere does anyone know an equivalent?

I used the Dynax and found it dead on. I've plenty of the UC stuff on the underside too. I used it on a quite cold day, so warmed it up in a sink of hot water and used a hot air gun too.

It's not the cheapest, but I find it a lot cleaner in use.

#25 Alice Dooper

Alice Dooper

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 391 posts

Posted 07 March 2017 - 08:50 PM

First pic on the St Bernard pass in Italy

Did that one 2 summers ago, just wish it had been in our MPI!! Got to drive down the tunnel from the opening scene of 'Qantum of solace' too.

Last summer, NW of it in Austria we did the Grossglockner drive. WOW, utterly amazing and a must drive. Had a lot of camouflaged BMW test cars going up and down. I really need to go back with the Mini, 20 miles of climb up hairpins to a glacier and then back down again.

This summer it's the Nurburgring and I'm still not allowed to take our car. Looking forward to seeing the classic Mini's in theBMW museum.

#26 se7enmvu

se7enmvu

Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 116 posts

Posted 08 March 2017 - 01:45 PM

It was 2007 when I went over the St Bernard and i've not been to europe in a classic mini since.  I am planning on doing a European trip in it next year and it looks like the Grossglockner will be getting a visit.

We drove down to Munich last summer but took the new mini only and only had time to visit the smaller BMW welt museum. That had a 1960s S on display.

What are you taking to the Nurburgring?

#27 Alice Dooper

Alice Dooper

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 391 posts

Posted 08 March 2017 - 04:29 PM

It was 2007 when I went over the St Bernard and i've not been to europe in a classic mini since.  I am planning on doing a European trip in it next year and it looks like the Grossglockner will be getting a visit.

We drove down to Munich last summer but took the new mini only and only had time to visit the smaller BMW welt museum. That had a 1960s S on display.

What are you taking to the Nurburgring?

Flying to Cologne and hiring a car there. Real hassle with an extra ferry etc... coming from Ireland if your taking your own car. I don't know what she's booked for the road driving, but there has been a sneaky mention of a Jaguar for the ring run. My wife has organised it all for my 50th birthday.

Do the Grossglockner, best yet. Though we had an outstanding August day and It was epic. Car museum at the top is a waste of time though. Was up the Eagles nest and Berchtesgaden 2 day before, barely seen a thing with the cloud.

#28 se7enmvu

se7enmvu

Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 116 posts

Posted 03 April 2017 - 12:41 PM

A few pictures of my progress so far. I've not done as much as I'd have liked by this point but its progressing.

I got it back from the body shop and injected every cavity with bilt hamber cavity wax. I've stuck on the bitumen pads fitted and the roof lining and a couple of windows.

[/URL]">http://20170402_135133_zpsr3ob7nru.jpg

[/URL]">http://20170402_181506_zpsirlaqcxr.jpg

[/URL]">http://20170402_181524_zps9ktizqts.jpg

[/URL]">http://20170402_181546_zpspxorjzd5.jpg

#29 se7enmvu

se7enmvu

Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 116 posts

Posted 26 April 2017 - 12:57 PM

I got abit more done at the weekend all glass is now in and the doors built up.  A new steering rack arrived today so hopefull the bank holiday should see that fitted along with the front subframe.

20170422_155541_zpsdmi3hcsp.jpg

20170423_165641_zpsn6lkt1yb.jpg

20170423_173742_zpsyzasm45k.jpg

20170423_173659_zpsw33kq6kb.jpg

#30 jamesquintin

jamesquintin

One Carb Or Two?

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,016 posts

Posted 26 April 2017 - 01:29 PM

I have new some parts you might be interested in...

I'm recreating the 4 retangular neopreme pads that go between the body and the fuel/brake pipes at the heel/toebaord and also the retangualr one on the bulkhead behind the fuel lines

Q

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users