54 replies to this topic

#31 998cc

998cc

Passed Test

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 09 June 2018 - 03:26 PM

70hp for a 998 will make it peppy, it that at the wheels?

No 49 at the wheels

Next step
-electric fuel pump
-big chamber and ported head
-Nice cam
I want 80 hp then i’m happy

#32 InnoCooperExport

InnoCooperExport

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 371 posts
  • Local Club: Mini Seven Club Nederland

Posted 10 June 2018 - 12:24 PM

The blue line is at the wheels

#33 998cc

998cc

Passed Test

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 10 June 2018 - 12:47 PM

Attached File  C54BF699-2FCD-4503-94F3-C5F0E0417B21.MOV   1.79MB   50 downloads

#34 998cc

998cc

Passed Test

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 10 June 2018 - 12:50 PM

I see the video doesnt work, how can i put in a videootje right way?

#35 998cc

998cc

Passed Test

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 11 June 2018 - 06:13 PM

YouTube link works better i hope

https://youtu.be/qC88blEovSU

#36 ianjohnson1000

ianjohnson1000

Just On Tickover

• Noobies
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 25 June 2018 - 11:03 PM

Hi, great build, I hope you don't mind me asking but (and it has probably been asked before.) would it be possible to get dimensions of your inlet manifold?

I have slowly been collecting parts to do a similar build, I have the supercharger and have decided on a Weber 40 carb, flanges, tensioners, belts etc, just not sure where to start with the manifold build to make sure everything lines up correctly!

Thanks

#37 HUBBA.HUBBA

HUBBA.HUBBA

Up Into Fourth

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,823 posts
  • Local Club: Loan wolf

Posted 27 June 2018 - 06:47 PM

Hi, great build, I hope you don't mind me asking but (and it has probably been asked before.) would it be possible to get dimensions of your inlet manifold?
I have slowly been collecting parts to do a similar build, I have the supercharger and have decided on a Weber 40 carb, flanges, tensioners, belts etc, just not sure where to start with the manifold build to make sure everything lines up correctly!
Thanks

I'd say you will need to have 2x 40mm for a weber. One for each side

#38 998cc

998cc

Passed Test

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 27 June 2018 - 08:20 PM

Thanks

thanx, ofcourse i dont mind the charger is of at the moment for fitting the boost gauge. i wil measure it and wil post it.

did you have a brake booster? im wondering were you can find the space then.

#39 ianjohnson1000

ianjohnson1000

Just On Tickover

• Noobies
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 27 June 2018 - 09:40 PM

Thanks

thanx, ofcourse i dont mind the charger is of at the moment for fitting the boost gauge. i wil measure it and wil post it.

Thanks for the reply, yes I do have a brake servo / booster, but I believe if you machine the inlet on the charger and weld a flange to it, you can just about fit the carb directly to the charger. One of the better know kits is set up this way. :D

#40 ianjohnson1000

ianjohnson1000

Just On Tickover

• Noobies
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 27 June 2018 - 09:43 PM

I have slowly been collecting parts to do a similar build, I have the supercharger and have decided on a Weber 40 carb, flanges, tensioners, belts etc, just not sure here to start with the manifold build to make sure everything lines up correctly!
Thanks

Thanks HUBBA.HUBBA I may not have been clear, but I was talking about the charger to head inlet manifold :D

#41 Chris.Williams

Chris.Williams

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 679 posts

Posted 28 June 2018 - 12:56 AM

Thanks

Thanks for the reply, yes I do have a brake servo / booster, but I believe if you machine the inlet on the charger and weld a flange to it, you can just about fit the carb directly to the charger. One of the better know kits is set up this way. :D
Like this....

Attached File  C51EC41B-F0C7-4BA4-9621-66179C0ECEFB.jpeg   62.82K   8 downloads

#42 HUBBA.HUBBA

HUBBA.HUBBA

Up Into Fourth

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,823 posts
  • Local Club: Loan wolf

Posted 28 June 2018 - 07:38 AM

I have slowly been collecting parts to do a similar build, I have the supercharger and have decided on a Weber 40 carb, flanges, tensioners, belts etc, just not sure here to start with the manifold build to make sure everything lines up correctly!
Thanks

Thanks HUBBA.HUBBA I may not have been clear, but I was talking about the charger to head inlet manifold :D
Fyi I have vmax one I would sell. So all the dimensions are correct and it has a boost pipe take off. Pm me if interested

Edited by HUBBA.HUBBA, 28 June 2018 - 07:40 AM.

#43 ianjohnson1000

ianjohnson1000

Just On Tickover

• Noobies
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 28 June 2018 - 09:08 AM

Thanks

Like this....

attachicon.gif C51EC41B-F0C7-4BA4-9621-66179C0ECEFB.jpeg

Yes, that would be the one! 

#44 998cc

998cc

Passed Test

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 30 June 2018 - 05:38 PM

The new vmax charger set up is with a modified
Eaton m65 not a m45 from the BMW mini

#45 998cc

998cc

Passed Test

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 01 July 2018 - 08:13 AM

Attached File  IMG_2754.JPG   49.52K   2 downloads

this is what i used

Thanks

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users