#1 BusheyTrader

BusheyTrader

Speeding Along Now

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 481 posts
  • Local Club: Nope

Posted 15 February 2017 - 09:03 PM

Am currently building my Spi to Migty Mini spec. If I wanted to get it through an MOT once built, is it just a case of changing the exhaust to one with a cat and fitting the reg plates, or is there more to it like refitting the passenger seat and the inertia reel belts? I asked the local MOT garage and must have caught them at a bad moment, they weren't much help. I seem to remember a number of saloon classes where the cars had to hold an MOT and be driven to the circuit, not towed on a trailer.

Also, what's the best route for the battery, brake and fuel lines if run inside the car? I was looking at running them down the L/H side of the centre tunnel, bearing mind that there's 3 fuel lines.

Thanks for help.

Adam

#2 keefr22

keefr22

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 591 posts

Posted 15 February 2017 - 10:29 PM

Not sure about the passenger seat, but you wouldn't need to refit the inertia reel belts - not many rally cars have them!

Our brake lines run down the LH side of the tunnel, the fuel line along the passenger side inner sill, battery cable along the drivers side inner sill.

Keith

Edited by keefr22, 15 February 2017 - 10:31 PM.

#3 Cooperman

Cooperman

Uncle Cooperman, Voted Mr TMF 2011

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,036 posts
  • Local Club: MCR, HAMOC, Chelmsford M.C.

Posted 15 February 2017 - 11:06 PM

I run my brake and fuel lines down the LH side of the central tunnel and the battery line down the RH side of the tunnel.

The FIA master switch I fit on the LH side of the driver's seat.

That way, the fuel and battery lines are separate and the master switch is easy for the driver (or navigator in the case of a rally car) to reach in the event of a crash.

#4 BusheyTrader

BusheyTrader

Speeding Along Now

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 481 posts
  • Local Club: Nope

Posted 19 February 2017 - 10:37 AM

Much appreciated.

Adam

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users