3 replies to this topic

#1 popeye_the_mini

popeye_the_mini

Passed Test

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 19 February 2017 - 03:59 PM

So since i moved into my house last summer getting the garage sorted has been the firat big job i wanted to get done, ill admit ive got a bit carried away with it and spent more time and money than i thought i was going to but its been worth it now im nearly finished

Not a massive amount of photos but its enough, i started by clearing it out of all of our stuff from the move to see what i was working with, all in all it was in good shape apart from some ants which have now been dealt with both inside and out

dcreys.jpg

5xisg.jpg

16aqq80.jpg

So as you will now see it was a pretty dark and drab garage with the previous owners half hearted attempt at painting the walls and just gerneral dirt in there

2lup87.jpg

a1mqes.jpg

Next up was to get the walls painted with some masonary paint, i never want to do this job again my legs were in bits by the time it was done after 2 days and 3 coats of paint but it was worth it again, i also got my floor tiles cut and put down

sl79xj.jpg

24yramx.jpg

Next up came the removal of the old lights and a complete re-wire and new fuse board to accommodate 6 double plug sockets and 7 new lights, no pictures of that stahe but once that was done i got cracking on with the framework to put a ceiling up to keep the dust levels down and also keep it warmer in there during winter, i just used some 1"×2" for the frame work and then 6mm mdf for the ceiling, the original plan was to use plasterboard however that prove to be too heavy for my liking, i made 3 hatches aswell in the ceiling to allow me access into the void for storage then got it painted

ibkj88.jpg

bhypz6.jpg

52j4hh.jpg

The next after getting the ceiling finished my mini turned up, must say it looked right home

34q35ac.jpg

Now to where im at now, just started building my work bench, got the basic frame for it made

28up5sm.jpg

Ill be cracking on more with it this week and hopefully have the bench finished by the weekend and all painted......fingers crossed

#2 b_sdaddy

b_sdaddy

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 643 posts

Posted 19 February 2017 - 04:12 PM

nice 'cave'!

Also got an Almond Green with OEW roof - love the roof rack, where's it from.?

cheers

#3 popeye_the_mini

popeye_the_mini

Passed Test

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 19 February 2017 - 05:21 PM

Cheers mate, the roof rack came with it but ive been told its the monte carlo rack

#4 popeye_the_mini

popeye_the_mini

Passed Test

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 22 February 2017 - 07:01 PM

Got the cupboards finished off then broke it all down to for paint today

2d1jneu.jpg

30lyki0.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users