Photo
- - - - -

Headlight Problem

Best Answer ken100 , 03 March 2017 - 09:55 AM

thanks guys checked black bullet connectors first cleaned them and worked I treat the old girl is all MOT'd for another year

Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 ken100

ken100

Passed Test

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 23 February 2017 - 09:05 PM

My main headlights are not working at all, rear lights all ok and side lights are very faint with switch in position 1, with the switch in position 2 side lights go out and nothing at all. I removed the switch today and joined the brown/red and brown/blue and got the same result very faint side lights and nothing at all from the wires joined. Any advice much appreciated before I start getting into it to deep just incase it's something simple I'm missing. Cheers

#2 CityEPete

CityEPete

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,920 posts

Posted 23 February 2017 - 09:21 PM

Clean up the brown wires on the fusebox, if that makes no difference, disconnect the battery then undo the bundle of brown wires from the starter solenoid, clean them all up then refit before putting a smear of vaseline over them. Check the earth wires in the boot and on the engine whilst your at it, good luck.

#3 ken100

ken100

Passed Test

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 23 February 2017 - 09:28 PM

Thanks CityEPete I'll do that at the weekend

#4 KernowCooper

KernowCooper

Sparkie

• Mini Docs
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,847 posts
  • Name: Dave
  • Local Club: Kernow Mini Club

Posted 23 February 2017 - 09:29 PM

Blue/red Dip and Blue/white main beam and Black wires behind the grill beside the bonnet catch, the bullet connectors there are known for bad connection, inspect those and clean as required, if the metal connector is corroded then replace it, not worth trying to clean them. Check the main Black earth wire connection for the lights which is on the d/s inner bracing at the rear. first place I look

Edited by KernowCooper, 23 February 2017 - 09:30 PM.

#5 CityEPete

CityEPete

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,920 posts

Posted 23 February 2017 - 10:20 PM

Actually as the rear lights are ok Kernow's right, start at the grill connectors, might be the front earth as that would explain the dim front sides.

That said an hour starting from the boot, starter, fusebox and any connectors you can get at and clean/replace works wonders ime.

#6 ken100

ken100

Passed Test

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 03 March 2017 - 09:55 AM   Best Answer

thanks guys checked black bullet connectors first cleaned them and worked I treat the old girl is all MOT'd for another year

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users