#16 minisi35

minisi35

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 723 posts
  • Local Club: british mini club shropshire

Posted 06 March 2017 - 07:41 AM

We did thanks Peter, just a pity I couldn't meet and chat to you at the finish.
The car drives straight so all being well it's just front end panel damage.
We learnt quite a lot and will hopefully get the hang of regularity

#17 CMXCVIII

CMXCVIII

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 374 posts

Posted 06 March 2017 - 10:02 PM

Maybe if you go to the start ... and offer to marshal you might get a nice control to marshal. It's god to be a part of it.

I've met marshals who go mad with their little bit of power, but not you too!? :whistling: 

Jon

#18 Cooperman

Cooperman

Uncle Cooperman, Voted Mr TMF 2011

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,036 posts
  • Local Club: MCR, HAMOC, Chelmsford M.C.

Posted 07 March 2017 - 10:36 AM

Maybe if you go to the start ... and offer to marshal you might get a nice control to marshal. It's god to be a part of it.

I've met marshals who go mad with their little bit of power, but not you too!? :whistling:

Jon

:D  :D  :D .

What is amazing is that there was a total of almost 200 marshals out on the event. Personally I feel I am putting a bit back into the sport which gave me so much fun and pleasure over so many years from when I started rallying in November 1959 when I was just 18.

the Tour of Cheshire is great too because I meet a lot of my old friends from 'Ecurie Cod Fillet' (Google it if you don't know what it is) who turn out to help.

#19 CMXCVIII

CMXCVIII

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 374 posts

Posted 07 March 2017 - 07:32 PM

the Tour of Cheshire is great too because I meet a lot of my old friends from 'Ecurie Cod Fillet' (Google it if you don't know what it is) who turn out to help.

Talk about poachers turned gamekeepers!

When I went road rallying in the 1970s, I heard stories about the far wilder and more competitive era of a few years before!

So I guess if any competitors on the Tour of Cheshire found that code boards had been removed or a gate mysteriously chained and padlocked, it wasn't cheating as such, just the Sector Commander keeping his hand in for old times sake! :lol:  

#20 Cooperman

Cooperman

Uncle Cooperman, Voted Mr TMF 2011

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,036 posts
  • Local Club: MCR, HAMOC, Chelmsford M.C.

Posted 07 March 2017 - 09:34 PM

Don't mention closed gates on rally routes, I hit a closed steel 5-bar gate on a historic rally in the Lake District in my 'S'.  I came around a 60 degree left in the middle of the night driving flat out and the b****y gate was closed. The regs say all gates must be open and manned, but this one wasn't. I took out both of my big PIAA driving lights, bent the bumper, broke a headlight and, I think, destroyed the gate.

I agreed with the organisers that I would fix my car and that they would buy the farmer a new gate. 

With the lack of lights I then went off on a sharp left and got a puncture which cost us more time. We dropped from 2nd to 10th overall. That's rallying!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users