17 replies to this topic

#16 mattj99

mattj99

On The Road

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 39 posts

Posted 02 May 2019 - 09:31 PM

Hi All, I've not posted a while but I unwrapped the Car at the end of February after the winter and have been slowly chipping away at jobs since then.

I had the welding done and put it though the MOT. Which it remarkably passed first time.

Then I started to put some of the interior. First I coated most of the panels with a dead mat sound deadener. It's real heavy stuff but it really takes the hollow tinnyness away.

For the rear seats I've picked up a set of the always popular Alfa Romeo GTV seats. They are in black leather and quite good condition - although they really need a good clean. I spent a few weeks putting them in and out of the car experimenting with the best way of positioning and fixing them. Once I'd finally got a good position I started working on covering up the exposed paint work on the bulkhead as they are narrower than the standard Mini rear seat.

I hit upon using automotive lining carpet. I used this to cover the bulkhead and the new parcel shelf I'd cut.

Attached File  IMG_20190226_162713.jpg   32.6K   1 downloads
Attached File  IMG_20190330_121459.jpg   68.74K   3 downloads

Now it was time to fit the headlining. I'd been putting it off for ages and frankly it was now holding up the other jobs. I decided to do the job myself with a little help. Honestly it was the worst job I've ever done. It was a total ball ache and in future I'd gladly pay to have it done. It turned out not too bad but there are one or two little areas where it's not at tight as it could be but for a first attempt I'm quite please with it.

Attached File  IMG_20190419_121134.jpg   63.65K   2 downloads

To give it a more finished look I continued the headlining right down the A and B posts

Attached File  IMG_20190419_134813.jpg   57.06K   1 downloads

Then I added more lining carpet around the rear bins, the lower B post and under the rear windows.

Attached File  IMG_20190502_195118.jpg   69.69K   3 downloads
Attached File  IMG_20190502_195341.jpg   43.28K   4 downloads

I think this gives a nice neat finish when combined with the cards

By the time I'd finished the headlining I'd gotten my heated windscreen so decided to call in glaziers to refit the glass. I just didn't fancy it myself and for 60 quid I was glad I did. I can't wait for the first frost to test out the new screen!!

That's it for now. Hopefully the next post won't be to far off. I've bitten the bullet and have started on the heather control box with controls from a rover 200. If it all comes together I'll make a nice long post - if it doesn't work out then I'll never mention it again!! Lol.

Thanks for reading.

Edited by mattj99, 03 May 2019 - 06:20 AM.

#17 1330RG

1330RG

Mini Mad

• Just Joined
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 219 posts

Posted 15 May 2019 - 07:10 PM

Wicked build, love when people truly “customise” their mini’s. Is what mini’s have always been about.

#18 johnR

johnR

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,244 posts

Posted 15 May 2019 - 08:53 PM

Some very nice work going on - great to see different approaches.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users