#1 Adammcedonagh17

Adammcedonagh17

Learner Driver

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts
  • Local Club: Galway mini club

Posted 06 March 2017 - 04:47 PM

Hello Guys I Started putting in new headlights into my 1994 mini sprite.The previous owner was a chancer and has the wiring in a terrible state . We have most of it tidied up now after a long weekend. I am wondering what these wires are for ? I will attach photos below any help really appreciated . Thanks !

Attached Files

#2 RedRuby

RedRuby

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,201 posts
  • Local Club: No

Posted 06 March 2017 - 06:28 PM

Not got my book in front of me but it looks like PO has replaced some of the inline fuse holders with blade type fuses, nothing wrong with that as such but make sure they have the correct size blade fuses ie if the circuit originally had a 10 amp glad fuse the replacement bade fuse should be half that. Also I would remove the chocolate blocks and solder and heat shrink for a better job. Will have a look for the inline fuses but they are for like circuits like hazards etc.

If you google Rover Mini In Line fuses, it shows a picture of the owners handbook listing the fuses the wire colour and fuse rating for all fuses from the main fuse box and inline fuses.

Edited by RedRuby, 06 March 2017 - 06:41 PM.

#3 Adammcedonagh17

Adammcedonagh17

Learner Driver

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts
  • Local Club: Galway mini club

Posted 07 March 2017 - 12:14 PM

Thanks for your reply . I have no ignition lights or dipped lights . I have parks and full beam . Any ideas anyone ??

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: electrical

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users