Photo

Which Arches Will Go In The Same Holes As The Standard Rover Arches?

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Glenny1481

Glenny1481

On The Road

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 41 posts

Posted 14 March 2017 - 07:52 PM

I have the standard black plastic arches on my mini but I want wider wheels and they aren't going to cover them enough. So what arches will fit without having to modify the actual bodywork? Also what's the widest set of wheels I can get that won't catch? Thanks

#2 MacGyver

MacGyver

One Carb Or Two?

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,027 posts

Posted 16 March 2017 - 03:10 PM

I believe grp2 arches (the ones with the lip) will go straight in the original holes.
My brother used the plastic ones off mine as a template.
Fit rivnuts too as you may want to remove them in the future for cleaning and such. 😀
What size wheels do you want and what do you have now? 6x10 sit nicely and don't catch...

Ben

Edited by MacGyver, 16 March 2017 - 03:12 PM.

#3 Will16

Will16

Wants a custom member title

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,090 posts

Posted 16 March 2017 - 06:12 PM

I have the standard black plastic arches on my mini but I want wider wheels and they aren't going to cover them enough. So what arches will fit without having to modify the actual bodywork? Also what's the widest set of wheels I can get that won't catch? Thanks

these are the ones : http://www.minispare...r-classic-mini/

really good quality, had them on my first one

IMG_6660_zpswvpiqkos.jpg

#4 Glenny1481

Glenny1481

On The Road

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 41 posts

Posted 18 March 2017 - 07:57 AM

I want either 10x6 or 12x6 but I'm pretty sure the 12s I want are way too wide. I do prefer the 10s but it's going to cost me a lot more money cause I'll need new tyres as well as the brake conversion

#5 Glenny1481

Glenny1481

On The Road

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 41 posts

Posted 18 March 2017 - 08:00 AM

And the ones I've got just now are just the standard rover 12s so they are definitely getting changed I just need to find out what fits and what doesn't

#6 b_sdaddy

b_sdaddy

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 643 posts

Posted 18 March 2017 - 08:31 AM

IMG_6660_zpswvpiqkos.jpg

When they came out of the box, is the colour/quality good enough to be used without spraying them.? Is the moulding plastic really black and flawless, or would you recommend spraying black.?

Cheers

#7 MacGyver

MacGyver

One Carb Or Two?

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,027 posts

Posted 18 March 2017 - 09:34 AM

You will be better of getting 12's as you won't have to convert the brakes to 7.5in.
Have a look at the ET offset to see how much they will be sticking out.
Try: willtheyfit.com when you get the numbers...

Ben

#8 Will16

Will16

Wants a custom member title

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,090 posts

Posted 18 March 2017 - 01:08 PM

When they came out of the box, is the colour/quality good enough to be used without spraying them.? Is the moulding plastic really black and flawless, or would you recommend spraying black.?

Cheers

From what I can remember they were good straight out the box. A good t cut and then a proper polish would make them look painted imo!

#9 Glenny1481

Glenny1481

On The Road

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 41 posts

Posted 19 March 2017 - 10:21 PM

The ones I originally wanted were 12x6 with ET -7 which I'm not sure would even fit without rubbing. Then my second choice was 12x5.5 with ET 10. Will the 12x6s rub or not?

Think I'll order those arches tonight as well. Thanks man

#10 MacGyver

MacGyver

One Carb Or Two?

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,027 posts

Posted 20 March 2017 - 08:26 AM

Compared to your existing wheel, this new wheel will have an inner rim which is 23mm further away from the suspension strut. The outer rim will poke out 61.1mm more than before.

According to willtheyfit.com

So i believe you'll be OK, but maybe you'll touch the wings at the front so might need mods but maybe someone will know on here that has fitted some.

#11 Buzzword

Buzzword

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 72 posts

Posted 21 March 2017 - 07:46 PM

I have those minispares ones (from a long time ago) and I never painted them, they are fine from the box - they do polish up good too as Will said. Fitting wider wheels I had to modify the metal on one arch, not the other... go figure!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users