#1 HUBBA.HUBBA

HUBBA.HUBBA

Up Into Fourth

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,823 posts
  • Local Club: Loan wolf

Posted 25 March 2017 - 02:01 PM

I'm not happy. Went to pay and collect a used sc 7 port head, plenum, throttle bodies, rockers, rocker cover, ecu, sensors etc ( that is currently for sale on the forum). Only to find the seller had been, shall we say economical with the truth. Having swapped the nice roller rockers for standard ones. Glad I noticed before I left leaving him the money. Despite explaining that he wasn't selling what was in the pictures he wouldn't budge on price. Probably hoping I would still pay considering how far I had travelled. It may have still have been a good buy, but I wouldn't have bought it out of principle

The alarm bells should have sounded when he didn't know his bank details and gave me his girl friends address ( which was the wrong house number and spelt the road wrong!)instead of his.

There's 5 hrs of my life I won't get back and wasted half a tank of fuel travelling to wales.

At least I've saved myself £2k (for now)

#2 Northernpower

Northernpower

Mr. 7-Port

• Members
  • 2,409 posts
  • Name: Graham
  • Local Club: Its out there somewhere

Posted 25 March 2017 - 03:03 PM

Fully sympathise with you. I bought a part from a well known member on here, but didn't fit it for a couple of months. When I came to fit it I discovered it was not as described and therefore faulty, the member didn't want to know. Fortunately I managed to repair it but it cost. An expensive lesson.

#3 Van13

Van13

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 314 posts
  • Local Club: Unknown

Posted 25 March 2017 - 05:11 PM

You both ought to name and shame you might save some one else a 5hr round trip do not see the harm in doing this if you are being honest in your opinions

#4 Spider

Spider

Moved Into The Garage

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,845 posts
  • Local Club: South Australian Moke Club

Posted 25 March 2017 - 05:21 PM

There's always some clown who wants to try it on.

#5 Midas Mk1

Midas Mk1

Crazy About Mini's

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,626 posts
  • Local Club: S.U.N.M.C

Posted 25 March 2017 - 05:39 PM

Tried saying you were a time waster on fb.. haha :lol:

Glad job you checked!

#6 Van13

Van13

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 314 posts

Posted 25 March 2017 - 06:55 PM

It's even worse that they are a forum member,that's why I said name and shame.i like to think as a forum we can trust each other then again I am old school

#7 Italian_job_mini

Italian_job_mini

Learner Driver

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 25 March 2017 - 06:57 PM

No need to name and shame right here.
First of all I do apologise that you travelled 5hours to 'waste your time' as of course you wasted mine to.
Secondly, when you call me to discuss the spec of the head it was mention then that the rockers were 1.3, if you didn't know why what when or who that was should of ask as you clearly don't know what your on about.
So now I got the 'rocker' part out the way.
You did firstly try it on with there wasn't enough head studs (which by the way to everyone there were 11)
After apologising and 'looking over, checking everything' said you was happy started taking the stuff to your van and then handing me money. I started to count and then all of a sudden you decide the rockers were different(which they weren't as discussed on the phone) in which you wanted further reduction in price. Probably thinking I would as the money was there, but as the stuff was a good by at the price AGREED I wasn't moving anymore. Further more you checked all this before handing the money! Why didn't you say then???
I also apologise that in the photo there was the red 1.5 rockers which were changed after experimenting, but the phot was a full engine in the car seems you expected them rockers(which again you was told where change to 1.3, and you spent plenty of time checking over) did you also expect the whole engine and the car lol!
I've sold plenty of stuff never had any problems. I will thank you for wasting my time too!
Alarm bells should of ran when not picking everything little think "so you didn't have to make any adjustments yourself" should have bought a whole thing if you wanted a simple job. Only reason I gave into the cheap price was that I wanted it gone and that you kept on!
Can't be arsed with time wasting, tire kicker! *** ***
Moan over and out!

#8 Will16

Will16

Wants a custom member title

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,090 posts

Posted 25 March 2017 - 07:02 PM

popcoin%20gif_zpsodniwuxh.gif

#9 Russw

Russw

Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 107 posts

Posted 25 March 2017 - 07:13 PM

Not one to stick my oar in on a argument, but being I was the one who purchased the bottom end and gearbox off the Italian job thought I best say something.
I bought this only based on the texts and conversations on the phone, so a bit blind you could say. It would of been an 6 hour round trip for me so sent a courier with the cash and took the chance.
Apprehensive I was, but having stripped the engine down everything (and I mean everything!) was as described and we (me and my engine builder) where blown away.
Infact, I even messaged Jarred to thank him for his honesty.

#10 Van13

Van13

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 314 posts

Posted 25 March 2017 - 07:22 PM

First of all I do apologise that you travelled 5hours to 'waste your time' as of course you wasted mine to.
Secondly, when you call me to discuss the spec of the head it was mention then that the rockers were 1.3, if you didn't know why what when or who that was should of ask as you clearly don't know what your on about.
You did firstly try it on with there wasn't enough head studs (which by the way to everyone there were 11)
After apologising and 'looking over, checking everything' said you was happy started taking the stuff to your van and then handing me money. I started to count and then all of a sudden you decide the rockers were different(which they weren't as discussed on the phone) in which you wanted further reduction in price. Probably thinking I would as the money was there, but as the stuff was a good by at the price AGREED I wasn't moving anymore. Further more you checked all this before handing the money! Why didn't you say then???
I also apologise that in the photo there was the red 1.5 rockers which were changed after experimenting, but the phot was a full engine in the car seems you expected them rockers(which again you was told where change to 1.3, and you spent plenty of time checking over) did you also expect the whole engine and the car lol!
I've sold plenty of stuff never had any problems. I will thank you for wasting my time too!
Alarm bells should of ran when not picking everything little think "so you didn't have to make any adjustments yourself" should have bought a whole thing if you wanted a simple job. Only reason I gave into the cheap price was that I wanted it gone and that you kept on!
Moan over and out!

always too sides to a story good to hear your side

#11 Italian_job_mini

Italian_job_mini

Learner Driver

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 25 March 2017 - 07:36 PM

Thanks Russ much appreciate, thank you for your text too! Good luck with the build!

Yes there is van13

#12 HUBBA.HUBBA

HUBBA.HUBBA

Up Into Fourth

• TMF+ Member
  • 2,823 posts

Posted 25 March 2017 - 07:40 PM

Moan over and out!

Umm time wasting, tyre kicker? Not quite, travelling 2.5 hrs to get to you! I queried the head studs as there were 4 missing when you presented them to me. Then you told me the other 4 were still on the head. I realised you had swapped the rockers over when I placed the head in my van. I said we would have to abort the sale as the rockers were not the same as pictured, unless you would compensate the lesser rockers by discounting money of the sale. You did not tell me they were 'Changed' to 1.3, you just said they 'were' 1.3, meaning the nice roller rockers pictured were 1.3.
I don't know what you mean by 'picking every little think' perhaps retaking your English GCSE may help.
I should have bought the whole thing? Who doesn't want to make a new engine setup installation as simple and easy as possible asking for all the relevant sensors and wiring etc.
No wonder you have been trying to sell the set up for so long with no joy. I must say I was surprised how battered it all was considering it has allegedly only covered a 1000 miles, But saying that it is 4 years old! I was advised not to buy a 4 yr old supposedly 'unused' ECU, glad I didn't

#13 HUBBA.HUBBA

HUBBA.HUBBA

Up Into Fourth

• TMF+ Member
  • 2,823 posts

Posted 25 March 2017 - 07:48 PM

Not one to stick my oar in on a argument, but being I was the one who purchased the bottom end and gearbox off the Italian job thought I best say something.
I bought this only based on the texts and conversations on the phone, so a bit blind you could say. It would of been an 6 hour round trip for me so sent a courier with the cash and took the chance.
Apprehensive I was, but having stripped the engine down everything (and I mean everything!) was as described and we (me and my engine builder) where blown away.
Infact, I even messaged Jarred to thank him for his honesty.

That's fair enough. But has no bearing on what I went to buy. In essence I when to buy some thing at the agreed price and a part had been changed for a lesser quality and passed to me to buy. If you bought the engine and the parts were not as described, I'm sure you would have a different view.

#14 HUBBA.HUBBA

HUBBA.HUBBA

Up Into Fourth

• TMF+ Member
  • 2,823 posts

Posted 25 March 2017 - 07:52 PM

Moan over and out!

always too sides to a story good to hear your side
Yes there are always 2 side to a story, but by his own admission the rockers were changed since he took the picture. I wouldn't have asked for set of standard rockers to be included in the sale considering I have 2 sets of them already!?

#15 Italian_job_mini

Italian_job_mini

Learner Driver

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 25 March 2017 - 07:58 PM

No need to insult me and my poor English grammar. As to address your accusation of "battered" stuff, the ecu was in its original bubble wrap and box as was the loom and 75% of the stuff including the sensors, only rockers, head, plenum and bodies where used and showed signs of use. You asked me the specs and I told you they were 1.3 rockers. Discounting more, you was having it at a very good price. I cannot be bothered to waste any more time with you, your loss.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users